Christmas in July 2013

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I thought it was time to "open" the Christmas in July forum. There's a lot of fun stuff archived here from the last few years so happy browsing. Our month long Christmas in July forum party kicks off July 1st!

:tree:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
woohoo! Got all my July posts written. Now I have to go over them to be sure I haven't put up the same thing twice and then I will schedule them so they go up one per day in July.

Can't wait to start browsing the old threads.

Thanks Ginger!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Thanks. Love when they open.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I'm just in time! Thanks, Ginger!

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
This year is flying by! Can't believe it is almost July.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Thanks Ginger!

I can't believe how quickly July has come up!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Yahoo! I've been getting in a Christmassy mood lately! :)

I also cannot believe how late in the year it is! What is sad is that we STILL haven't even started work on rebuidling our house after our fire this past Christmas Eve!!!!

Our experience with our insurance company has been the opposite of good! :( I think we are close to settling on the structure though!

Keeping my fingers crossed that we will NOT have to spend this Christmas in the apartment!

In the meantime, I definitely need to start thinking Christmas early! With everything else that will be going on for us this year, planning is going to be critical! So are ****tails. lol

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
woohoo! Got all my July posts written. Now I have to go over them to be sure I haven't put up the same thing twice and then I will schedule them so they go up one per day in July.

Can't wait to start browsing the old threads.

Thanks Ginger!

Wow, how did you manage that? What do you find to write about before Christmas in July starts? Please share - it sounds awesome - can't wait to check out your blog every day.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Hi PamG, I find things on pinterest or elswhere and I brainstorm a list of things I'd like to talk about. Some days will be as easy as a Christmas recipe or craft. other days have more 'filling' in them.
I have finished them all and they are now all scheduled to appear at 6:00 am my local time from July 1st to July 25th.

frostythesnowman

Premiere Member
May 4, 2013
uk
christmas in july is a bad subject for me....got to attend a wedding on that day,this will be the first time i"l miss the show..:(

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
I try and wait until CIJ to listen to Christmas music, but I must admit I've been sneaking in listening to MMC Christmas Radio station online at work. Nothing like hearing a beloved Christmas song to lift your spirits, especially when work is tough.

I have a huge library of Christmas music I listen too round the clock at work, usually starting in November. I do enjoy listening to new music or different artists ahead of the season so I can add to my collection.

I'll second that Lana, LOVE CIJ!! lol

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Hi PamG, I find things on pinterest or elswhere and I brainstorm a list of things I'd like to talk about. Some days will be as easy as a Christmas recipe or craft. other days have more 'filling' in them.
I have finished them all and they are now all scheduled to appear at 6:00 am my local time from July 1st to July 25th.

LOVE Pinterest! I only started using it a few weeks ago, and it's fantastic!

Can't wait to read your posts :)

happyalice

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
I think I'm almost as excited for CIJ this year as I am Christmas itself! I'm taking 3 days off that week to get ready for our annual CIJ party. I've been listening to Christmas music in my car and at work...my little ones love it, and have started asking for me to sing Christmas songs to help them sleep at night. Friends are starting to ask if we're still doing the party, so I know others have got it on their mind, too! Bring it on!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Postman brought four Christmas movies yesterday in preparation for our CIJ movie-a-day - Snowball Express, Four Christmases, Deck the Halls, and The 12 Men of Christmas. We've watched them before but they are not on Netflix so we wanted to add them to our collection.

After watching Cupcake Wars, Sophia and I brainstormed for a CIJ cupcake idea and came up with the Christmas Pudding (presentation, not taste although that might be on next year's CIJ agenda!) - edible chocolate cupcake liner, chocolate cupcake, vanilla buttercream, and edible holly (I'm thinking fondant?) decoration.

I try and wait until CIJ to listen to Christmas music, but I must admit I've been sneaking in listening to MMC Christmas Radio station online at work. Nothing like hearing a beloved Christmas song to lift your spirits, especially when work is tough.

I have a huge library of Christmas music I listen too round the clock at work, usually starting in November. I do enjoy listening to new music or different artists ahead of the season so I can add to my collection.

I'll second that Lana, LOVE CIJ!! lol
Thank you for sneaking in and listening to MCR, Sugarplum!!!

Coming soon, MCR-HD is being re-branded as Kringle Radio (well, okay, it's already there but I didn't say anything!). Get ready!

Merry Christmas Radio will still be around as a Live365 Station while Kringle Radio will be on ShoutCast.

Thank you for sneaking in and listening to MCR, Sugarplum!!!

Coming soon, MCR-HD is being re-branded as Kringle Radio (well, okay, it's already there but I didn't say anything!). Get ready!

Merry Christmas Radio will still be around as a Live365 Station while Kringle Radio will be on ShoutCast.

My two hour "Mistletoe Mix" show for December 22, 2012 starts in about three minutes from this post! Check it out!

http://www.shoutcast.com/Internet-Radio/kringle