Christmas in July Day 10

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Do you send cards? If so handmade or store bought? How many do you send? Do you include a letter or do a letter instead?

:clothes:

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
I do send cards, but no letter. Store bought though. I would love to make them, but so far have not had the time to do so.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Sometimes I send cards and sometimes I don't. It really depends on how much time I have and they are always store bought. Last year I didn't send any because DH had just gotten home from deployment and we were too busy.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Yes
Photo Cards
Approximately 50
I try to send letters to long distance friends and family.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I send a few cards, between 15 and 20. usually store bought. I don't do a letter but for the family ones I write little messages in them saying how things are going with us and the kids. I add some Christmas confettis too. Been adding a few 'cute' things for those for my friends... last year was a 'Grow your own Christmas tree' kit.. mini felt Christmas tree with mini felt ornaments, just a gag gift. Another year I added a recipe. Think I found my 'cute' idea for this year but it's a secret :) I'd love to add more or send bigger gifts with the card but the cost of postage is just too high.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We send store bought cards every year. We don't do or add letters to the cards.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I do store brought cards, letters to family and friends we don't see often, I always do recipes, sometimes a picture but since kids are older that is iffy. With the swaps I join, co-workers, those with cookie trays and those mailed I would say 75-90.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I do store bought cards. I don't have a knack for doing handmade nor the supplies. I don't do a letter. I mail about 15 cards, but many go to people that we attend church with. At Christmas, we have a set of alphabetical mailboxes in the library at church where we can "deliver" our cards. We are encouraged to use the amount it would cost us in postage to give to the missions offering at Christmas. Total, we do about 90 cards.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Yes~I send photo cards and store bought cards. I attempt to do handmade for the exchange here, but that doesn't always happen due to time.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I send about 90-100 cards. So they are always store bought. My children and close friends sometimes get hand made.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I do send cards...always and they are usually store bought. I make some, but not many. No letter is included and I usually mail about 20, not counting the swaps.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I do cards.

With the swap here and others I probably do like Doodlebug- 90-100.

For the swap I try to do an Arizona themed card.

I send to pretty much everyone who has been a part of my life- family, childhood/highschool friends, college friends, my friends in Washington, church friends, family friends that we have known my whole life.

I can knock them out pretty fast.

Annie

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I send out about 60 cards...about 40 are handmade the rest are store bought. I don't do letters

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I only send cards, almost all of those are store bought. This year I plan to hand make 2 or 3 cards for a few people - but DH would like to do the photo cards this year with a fun picture of DS.

Last year we just included a photo with the regular cards I had bought.

I think I mail out about 50 cards.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I use to send cards to every relative and to friends I no longer lived near. One year I never had time to send any cards and not one person noticed. Now I sent out about 10 cards to very good friends. Very seldom homemade. Seldom homemade because I know they will toss them.

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
I send out about 50 and hand deliver about 30 or 40 more.
I used to make them but most people threw them away or never acknowledged getting them.
So now I make about 6 for brothers and sisters and kids, And buy the rest.
I may cut out some of them to people who don't respond this year due to the price of postage.
When I used to make them all I would pick a style or design them make 5 of them each month and by Christmas I would have 50.
I would do them at crops and on line crops. It is easy to 5 all just alike. so it didn't take up a lot of time.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Between Hanukkah and Christmas cards I send a bunch. Most are store brought but I've been trying to make more of my own, especially for the swap.

Several people in my Airstream club actually complemented me on the ones I sent to them.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Between here and church, I do about 100 or so. I send a few out of town, mostly to old friends and family. This year I want to make some. I did make some the year before last. I will write a note to some of the peeps, but don't do a big letter. I've only done that a couple of times. I love getting them in the mail. I do save the handmade ones.

Christmas Paper

MHH Member
Dec 8, 2008
Hi Ladies,
Yes, I send Cards and love doing them. Send between 100 plus & thensome. I get them 1/2 price the year before at the end of the season after Christmas so I save on buying them. Then I take Inventory of how many I have a few months later and buy the stamps I need for them, like this year they went up to 45 cents soI bought the additional penny stamps to use with the ones left over from last year, also for the International ones they also went up to $1.05 Instead of 98 cents, so if you buy the added postage over the year you don't feel the cost of it. Now in Oct. when the Christmas stamps come out, I buy the religious one, Christmas ones, Hanukkah ones, & regular ones for Christmas Sympathy cards. I write a note to some people unless I see them all year long.