Christmas in July Day 15 and 16

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Post ONE word to describe Christmas.....

:clothes:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Christmas in July Day 16

Do you have any special places that you visit during the holiday season? Tell us aobut them.

:tree2:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Christmas: Wonderful

And I don't have special places I visit. Just normal stuff around town, but we rarely leave to go anywhere.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Christmas: Magic

My special place to go is on Christmas Eve. There is one neighborhood, that only on Christmas Eve, all the streets are lined with luminaries.

It never fails to take my breath away.

My little secret is late, late at night on Christmas Eve- really Christmas morning by this time- I get in my car and drive back through that neighborhood. It is soooooooo quiet, peaceful with the luminaries glowing. I truly feel the magic and holiness of Christmas.

Annie

sloanmama

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2009
Ohio
Word for Christmas: Magical

Special places we visit during the holiday season: Every year we visit a holiday light drive-thru. There happen to be several different ones within driving distance so we try to do a different one every year. We all love it!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
christmas memories
place to go busch gardens chrismas town. love all the lights and shows

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Heavenly....

We never "go" anywhere for Christmas, but it seems the magic begins with the first trip to the tree farm to pick a tree. There are light displays we go see during the first week of December and a fireworks display...all signaling that countdown to the big celebration! And our church does "The Haning of the Green" which is always so special to me because it tells the story of many of the decorations we use at Christmas and how they relate the birth of Jesus and what He is to me.

sunshine

Retire Member
Jun 23, 2008
Christmas used to magical. . .now it's just depressing

Everyone used to come to my house for Christmas, now we don't even get together (hence the statement above)

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
One Word to describe Christmas: Joyous

Special place to visit: Drives to see the Christmas Lights & decorations. When people decorate their homes they have no idea how their creations can give others the Christmas spirit.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
christmas memories
place to go busch gardens chrismas town. love all the lights and shows

We're heading to Busch Gardens Christmas Town this year...there, and Colonial Williamsburg. I can't wait!