Christmas in July Day 17

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
July is going by fast....

Day 17: Do you have a favorite Christmas book...it can be for children or adults...

:clothes:

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I stumbled on this when my kids were young and have loved it since. Its called Santa's favorite story. Santa tells the story of the first Christmas and explains that that is why he does what he does.

Secondly I like Moostletoeits just cute

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Love The Polar Express and Jan Brett's Gingerbread Baby

sloanmama

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2009
Ohio
My favorite has always been, and probably will always be 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. I have it memorized so I don't even "need" the book anymore. It's a family tradition to read on... the night before Christmas... Imagine that! hahaha

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
'Twas the Night Before Christmas. My dad used to always tell it to us. I also have a Cajun version that I love, too.

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
My favorite is one I had when I was little called The Sweet Smell of Christmas. It is about a bear family getting ready for Christmas, but it is a scratch and sniff book so you can smell candy canes, hot chocolate, an orange, pine trees etc. A few months ago, I was so excited to see new versions of the book are still sold on Amazon, so I bought it along with a scratch and sniff version of the Night Before Christmas.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'd have to say The Night Before Christmas as well. Nothing can replace the memories I have of reading it to my daughter every year, in all it's varieties.

But for a good laugh..I love Skipping Christmas