Christmas Lights go on tonight!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
We do ours December 1st. My nephew, his GF and her daughter along with new born son will be here next week so Allen will probably have it all up and 1 night we will light it up for them to see since they won't be back for Christmas.

Last edited:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
December 1st for us as well

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Put on some tube lights (white ones) on the rail for Halloween... and they will stay there for Christmas too! It looks great. I'm happy I bought them and next summer they will serve in the gazebo too!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
We turn them on December 1st. There are a couple of houses in our neighborhood that have their lights on already.

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
I spend the weekend after thanksgiving putting up all the lights and turn them on dec 1st. sometimes I have a "theme" and sometimes I don't. (just depends on if one hits me :) ) right now I have my giant inflatable turkey up on the porch and some turkey lights on the little tree in the front and some other random "fallish" stuff out.

CATZILLA

Retire Member
Nov 3, 2010
West Gastonia, NC
Got all the old strings replaced and now that Remembrance day is done, tonight is the night we flip the switch. Can't wait to drive up and see them lights on. :) When do you light yours?

6 weeks from tonight is CHRISTMAS EVE! :)

Ours go on Thanksgiving Night :tree2:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thanksgiving night for me, too!

For the last couple of years, people in my neighborhood have been leaving their lights up later.... well into January. Very few turn them on as early as I do. But... on Friday night, I saw a house with lots of beautiful Christmas lights outside! Looked so great!

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
There are about a half dozen houses in our neighborhood that are all decorated, but I've only seen one turn their lights on at night. We'll do our the day after Thanksgiving. I'm trying to get DH to take over this year since he doesn't like the way I string ours, hopefully he'll take on the challenge!

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Yay! Glad some of you are getting your lights up and lit. We don't have anything up yet for outside but my dad is coming over today to put in an inside lightswitch for our Christmas lights. Now we won't have to go outside every night to put them up. :)

JodyLynn

Retire Member
Jul 18, 2008
Thanksgiving night for me too. I usually put up the tree inside while the turkey is cooking. Then after the meal, if we're not too tryptophanned-out, we do the outside lights.

CATZILLA

Retire Member
Nov 3, 2010
West Gastonia, NC
Well I did as I said I would, today is our daughters 13th birthday so we decided to make this date the day that we pull out all the decorations and then the lights go on Thanksgiving night.

Heck...we NEED a good 10 days just to sort through it all ! :rudolph: