Christmas Notebook Poll

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

What type of Christmas Notebook do you use?

• Three Ring Binder

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Three Ring Binder Plus Purse sized notebook

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Electronic

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • All on computer

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Scrapped Planner

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Spiral Notebook

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • File Folder with pages

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Card File Box

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I'm curious....the types of notebooks people use. I know a lot are using electronic but somehow I still like the paper pencil type...so I thought we'd do a poll and see....

Mackiesmudder

Premiere Member
May 21, 2010
Hackettstown, NJ
3 ring binder for me. I printed out some of the forms that I would use and handwrote other pages that I wanted to do. I also have some folders in there with pockets for recipes and ideas that I haven't tried yet or figured out where to put them, LOL. I can see I am outgrowing the smaller 3 ring binder and will need to buy the bigger one. Not this month though, it is no spend Feb!! : )
Cathie

:smilegifts:

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I was hoping the poll would let us choose more than one option. I use a binder, a composition book, a purse size notebook, online tada lists and a few files, and I have note cards for my 25 Days of Christmas activities.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Wow.....you have a lot of resources! I started to make the poll allow more than one choice but then didn't. I had no idea someone would have that many... :)

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Hmmm...I like your idea about the notecards for the 25 day activities....I have this little metal lunch box looking Christmas box I bought a couple years ago on clearance...actually think I might have two of them...hmmmm.....Now my ideas are going...I've been wanting to set one up as a planner in some way...but perhaps a Magic Elf idea box...idk....

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I chose electronic but I do have a binder, I just rarely use it.

Pumpkinpie

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2010
FL
I scrapped my planner. I didn't have enough time to keep up with it. I am a list person. I make lists every week of what I want to do and what needs to be done. Then I prioritize. I'd love to keep it all on the computer, BUT, sharing a computer in the house doesn't allow me enough time again. Most times I log on to MHH at work. I've tried the file box too. (which I liked most of all) If I start it back up, that's the way I will go. Thanks to my MHH I'm able to keep up with what should be happening at the given times.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I love my 3-ring binder NB, but the purse sized one was a new addition for me this year and I don't know how I lived without it! I ordered a small lined pad with a cover (like a checkbook and similar in size) from Current that had a 2010-2011 calendar printed on the back cover - SO helpful! I loved it so much, that I ordered myself one for the spring (green and black with flowers) only this one doesn't have the calendar...that was a bit disappointing, but I still love my handy lists!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I use the 3 ring binder for all my main stuff, and notes year to year. It also has a small file foler that goes in it to keep some loose info. I also have a pocket notebook so that I can keep track of gifts bought/ideas/need, grocery list...
As much as I like my electronics like my phone I really like paper/pen for lists and stuff

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
I voted for the three ring binder since that's what I use mainly. I do have some files on my computer as well though where I save bits and pieces I find on the web.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Here's an organization/planning question...does anybody use an app for Christmas planning? I don't have an iphone, but I have an iPod touch that uses all the same apps. I used a Black Friday app this past Christmas. But, I tried several different ones before I found the one I liked. (They were all free.) I have only found a few Christmas planning apps...but they all cost. I hate to pay because I am picky and will probably want to try them all and may not even like any of them. ;) I can use my tada lists on the iPod, but only when I have wifi access. I would really like to have one that the lists are available when you are offline. Then, I could access them in the store, or while waiting on kids to come out from practice, in a doctor's waiting room....etc.

Last edited:

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
I use a 3-ring binder for all my decorating ideas, recipes -- things torn from magazines, etc. -- but I use an approx. 6x9" spiral notebook, divided with pockets, for the nitty-gritty. The closest I could get on the poll was 3-ring binder and purse-size notebook. I use a separate organizer for parties of all kinds -- not just Christmas.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I've used a 3-ring binder since I first found out about Organized Christmas back 2002 or 2003.
I do keep a small notebook inside my purse, but just haven't used it all that often.
I LOVE my notebook! LOL
It's not pretty, but it's functional. I had to go to a larger one a few years ago. I started with a small 1" binder, now I have a 3" binder.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I chose binder but my gift list is electronic and I have a small notebook for my purse that I carry with me year round.