CIJ 2013 - Day Two

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I have a confession. I sat down and read the entire Christmas in July Book Club selection, Bah, Humbug! last night in one sitting. It was a quick read for me and very cute...won't say anymore because my fellow CIJ celebrants are no doubt still reading.

The Orange Pom Bubbly was delicious - I had to substitute Cointreau for the Grand Marnier but they are both orange so it worked. I mixed 1/2 ounce Cointreau with 1 ounce of pomegranate juice and topped up a big wine glass with champagne. Cheers!

Today's craft was going to be a trial run of this Glitter Ornament: http://theornamentgirl.com/blog/being-crafty/how-to-make-glitter-christmas-ornaments-diy/.

I had to substitute a Mop and Glo product for the Pledge Floor Wax because I couldn't find that exact wax so I'm hoping it works. I say hoping because a return trip to Michael's still did not yield the glass ornaments that I need. In fact, the cashier I spoke to said that they would be putting out their Christmas in July displays next month (uh, doesn't that make it Christmas in August?). AC Moore also had nothing so I am on hold with the ornaments.

I have another craft up my sleeve, this Christmas Pudding ornament: http://bugsandfishes.blogspot.com/2008/10/felt-ornament-how-to-3-christmas.html. I have all the supplies for this one.

Today's carol is "Angels from the Realms of Glory".

I'm off to enjoy White Christmas as our first movie of Christmas in July 2013; it's one of our absolute favorites.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Lovin these postings.

Nanato3

Retire Member
May 19, 2013
Garland, TX
PamelaG - If you live by a Hobby Lobby they carry the Glass ornaments year round. I just bought some last week so I could work on some ornaments this week.

Eddie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
PamG, I'm off to download the Bah!Hambug book to read it.

Posted on my blog for CIJ day 2.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Great blog posts!

Pamela~Do you have a hobby lobby nearby? They had some Christmas stuff out when I was there last week.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
For some reason... I just looked at Oprah.com..... and they had lots of Christmas articles today!!!!! There must be a "Christmas In July" lover.... over there!!!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
How I wish I had a Hobby Lobby nearby! The nearest one, unfortunately, is 80 miles away.