CIJ: July 6-12th Recipes and Food Gifts

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
This week is the time to share recipes and ideas for food gifts.

Do you have a go to gift that you like to whip up for others?

Share or link to a favorite recipe or just share some holiday cooking tips!

:rudolph:

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
With it being summer here ... we love picking fruits that are in season. I will use those fruits to make and can pie filling, jams and fruit butter. The pie filling will be used to make the holiday pies and some of the jams and fruit butter will be used as gifts to family, friends and the kids teachers and school bus driver.

I never thought I had a go to recipe until this past month. I make pepperoni bread a lot in the fall/winter months. Its a must have for the Thanksgiving high school football game, Thanksgiving day football games, black friday shopping and New Years Eve. In the past month some of my inlaws have asked me how I make mine and so I happily shared my recipe but it seems while their version of the pepperoni bread comes out good they state its not as good as mine. So I may have to add loaves of it to our gift giving list :)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
And add it to our recipe list... ;)

I'm trying to talk my brother, who lives in our home, to make his canning gifts this month, instead of waiting till the 23rd like he did last time. I had my kitchen all nice and he just messed it up...LOL Bad brother!!! So I'm really, really pushing. He's such a procrastinator, it drives me crazy.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'd love to make some mini loaf breads. Have to find a few tried and tested recipes for that.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
http://www.echoesoflaughter.ca/2011/11/christmas-cookie-week-gourmet-oatmeal.html

Those oatmeal cookies look like a great gift.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
My go to recipe for food gifting has been PW Cinnamon Rolls for a few years now...

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/cinammon_rolls_/

I love that I can make, bake, ice and freeze for gifting as needed! I didn't make any last year and may skip again this year depending on our home situation - if we are back in the house in enough time before Christmas I probably will make some - at least for co-workers and daycare staff.

I buy the 9x11 disposable pans w/ lids from the dollar store and use those to bake/gift in.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I love to bake a variety of cookies as gifts. I would give a big batch to the ladies in the accouting dept and take in a batch to my co-workers. I also give a batch to my neighbor and her son. Since I have been relocated not sure if I will be able to get the cookies to my former co-workers this year. However I will be making a big batch for my new co-workers. They are a great bunch of guys and gals. Also for my neighbor. They wait for them every year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
One of my 'go to recipes' is to dip oreo cookies in white chocolate. I then sprinkle them with crushed candy canes. Wrapped in cellophane bags with red and white kitchen twine, they look very cute. I do these for the people at work and they are always well appreciated.