Cookie tins

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I always seem to get a few of these each Christmas( the metal ones with the pretty scenes on them) I'm was wondering what I could use them for besides baking-then I thought-maybe some Christmas napkins, S&P shakers, toothpicks, etc. You could add to it depending on the size of the tin. Mine were just small this year so I would need something Christmassy that didn't take up alot of room. Maybe some homemade ornies and hooksor even a beginner Rudy day kit? I know you all have even better ideas-care to share? :grin:

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
If given earlier- A Christmas morning emergency kit? Pen, pad, ziplocks, batteries, little screwdiver, more batteries?

or Under the tree emergency kit- Extra hooks, tape, scissors,

I use my rectangular shaped ones to hold my lollipop sticks and lollipop bags!!! I also have a round one that used to belong to my grandmother that is the perfect size to hold pizzelles. My grandfather gave me her pizzelle maker and the tin and I hold it dear to me!!!

Thank you Cathymac!!!

I just added my "2007 in a nutshell" and "Test it, Taste it, Rate it " post to my blog!!!

I think I found the connectors to upload my digital photos to the computer so I will be posting lots of pics once I figure this out.....lol

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
jackfrosty, I love the idea of using these tins creatively! The Christmas Morning kit is a great idea, and I love the beginner's Rudy Day kit! I'm also going to add the napkins, s & p, etc. idea to my notebook.

You could put an assortment of batteries in a small tin and give them to teens with electronics or families with young kids.
Or make an ornament crafting kit for a young crafter. Add supplies and directions to make some easy ornaments that they can work on for next Christmas.
Or stamping supplies for Christmas cards or thank you notes.

Now I may have to go back to the 75% off Christmas racks at the store and look at these tins a bit differently!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I actually use some tins I have for Christmas storage of several different things. I have a few very delicate figurines and such that I wrap in bubble wrap or tissue and then put in the tins so they don't get knocked around in my totes. I also use one large one for baking supplies I keep - sprinkles, cello bags, etc. All on my Christmas votives and tarts are in another (gotta hit Yankee Candle after Christmas!). Another bigger one holds pine cones and a few silk flower odds and ends.

I really don't reuse them for their intended purpose..lol...I always find something else for them.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I love these ideas! Thanks so much ! And to think I've actually thrown some of these out in the past! Have to add these to my notebook!! A little Christmas cross-stitch project might go in with a gift certificate for framing-or just to use for yourself to keep it contained.