Crafters Challenge April 1st-April 7th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Happy April my Friends!!!!!

I have purchased the material for a new checkbook cover with hot air balloons on it that I need to get made. Still using a fall one with leaves. :eek: So hope to get that made this week.

But will be doing prep for Easter so will see.

What are you all working on?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Now that I have help with DD I just might be able to get started in this again. This week I'm doing make up work with the house. I've not done any good cleaning for months. I figure I might even uncover some craft supplies.

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
I will get that doll house finished this week! The staircase is drying now, and I will be able to stain it tomorrow, and glue into place on Tuesday. My plan is to get it moved into the room I'm changing from ODS's old bedroom into a sewing/office for me. THen I can reclaim my kitchen!!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Sierra, i was trying to figure out how anyone could move a staircase. Guess I skipped over the word doll.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I finished my hat with the cables and am almost finished with one of the market bags I'm working on.

While I'm traveling I'll be working on the baby blanket I'm knitting and alternate it with my scarf...

When I get back to NY I have lots of scrapbooking, etc. to work on...

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I have done a few more rows on the beanie hat for DNephew. I might get some more done on that, or on the lapblanket, as we are travelling this weekend (and I like to knit some of the time that I am the passenger).

I also have to make a new baby card (when I know B/G) for next door, and was intending making another few Xmas cards too over the Easter break.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Well, I took my sewing machine to Jaymees last night. :( She has a baby blanket to work on. I was going to bring hers back and forgot it.

Hmm, Who's baby blanket?

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Diedra, it isn't for Jaymee and Ryan :( :( :(!!!! Her best friend is due Aug. 20th and the shower is July 1st. I have to get moving for that too. Jaymee got feeling bad while we were shopping on Friday and I asked if by chance she was ... and I didn't get it out and she said no I am not. LOL!!! Can't blame me for wondering!

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
So, I finally got a picture of the weight loss ticker thingy I made.

http://magicalholidayhome.com/forum/album.php?albumid=57&pictureid=573

On a not so related subject. I would love to hear some ideas/suggestions about a sewing machine. I have some tax check money and I am trying to decide on some options. The thing is that I have literally not touched a sewing machine, not even one time, since 8th grade home ec (more than 25 years ago.) I wasn't all that good at sewing back then...but, I like to think I am pretty crafty now. ;) One thing I am considering is to buy an inexpensive starter and use the rest of my money on an ipad. The other option would be no ipad...but I could get the fancy computerized machine that embroiders. It could be a waste to spend so much since my skills are not impressive. Or, maybe I'll regret getting the cheaper one when I get better and want to print fancy letters on blankets, gifts, etc. What do you guys think???

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Candysprinkles the weightloss thingy is very cute! and so helpful for the motivation

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Candysprinkles, I love the weight loss tracker you made. So cool.

I purchased a Viking Rose sewing probably about 12 years ago. (was thinking this would be my last one) It does the embroidery (haven't used it like I should) and I have 2 hoops for it. It works great. I paid about 1800-1900 for it. I would like to do the lace ornaments but with my machine the one thingy will be around 1500-to 2000 to convert patterns for it or I can get a buzz box for a few hundred. I am not a techy person so am lost on all this. I am thinking of getting a babylock but not sure. Jaymee will get mine then. I have to think on it. Someday would love to have a short or long arm to quilt on ---when I get better. Alot of machines out there to choose from. Alot of people like berninas. Joanns has some singers on sale now but not sure if they are quilters are embroidering.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Long time no post again from me! Glad to "see" all of you again! I really have been crafting - just haven't been making it here to post!

Right now I am working on a couple sets of Fabric Wrapped Hangers. One set is for a friend's birthday in May and the other is for another friend for Christmas.

I am finally reclaiming my stash of fabric that I've held onto forever. Skirts and curtains, etc. in nice cotton prints that were never going to be used for their original use again. lol My seam ripper and I have been GOOD friends!

http://corrieberrypie.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-new-model.html

I am going one step further than the link I just posted by dressing up each hanger with a fabric or felt flower arrangement. Still playing with the different flowers I can make. :)

I'm also working my way through a small grocery bags worth of Barbie doll clothes that are in need of TLC. They were given to me for free when I purchased a gently used doll house for my friends little girls and I plan to mend them and then let them have them.

Also were a few wooden furniture pieces that were chipped, fabric cushions looking a little ragged. I've stripped them down and I am repainting. Will redo the cushions with fabric scraps, etc.

I have a TON more things on my to do list for the year - but these are my focus for the moment!

I'm planning a pretty crafty Christmas this year! :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Awwww, thanks you guys! I've missed being here more! :)

Did a small amount of work on fabric flowers last night. My craft time was bushwhacked by DS figuring out how to climb out of his crib! We had to take the bars off and make it a "big boy bed" because we were afraid he would fall and hurt himself!

Needless to say, big adjustment for him and we did not get much sleep last night!!! lol

Crib Tent was ordered from Amazon at 11PM last night and should get here Friday. One more night to get through!