Crafters Challenge April 8th-14th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello to you all!

AuntJ, has is the crib tent working?

Well, this week I will do a fleece blanket. Have to get it done for my nieces b'day party next Saturday.

What will you all work on this week?

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Lana - Yes! Crib tent is working great, thanks for asking! :) He thinks it is really fun and it lets us get some sleep!!!!

Finished 1 set of 4 fabric wrapped hangers embellished with felt and fabric flowers yesterday.

Plan to do two more sets for Christmas gifts. I'll probably keep working on those this week since I have all the supplies on hand. I'm learning more about making the flowers each time I try - so many different ways are documented out there on the internet - it is hard to choose which ones to try!

I still need to finish up revamping that piece of wooden "Barbie" furniture - just haven't gotten back to it yet. It prob needs 2 more coats of paint before I can work on the cushion.

The next project I'll work on is a framed pincushion - also for friend's birthday in May.

http://www.spincushion.com/2011/08/frame-of-mind-pincushion-.html

I'm using the basic premise of the link above, but I'll probably use a plainer frame, paint it black and them embellish by hot gluing fabric and/or felt flowers to one corner of the frame.

I will try to use fabrics that coordinate with this other craft I already made for her - a little tape measure inside a felt owl - so cute!

http://tinyapartmentcrafts.blogspot.com/2011/01/felt-owl-measuring-tape-free-pdf.html

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ - the owl is really a nice idea! Love the picture frame too. do post picstures when you are finished.

I want to work on the pinguin amigurumi for the kids Christmas ornaments.. don,t have a pattern which is why it is taking so long :)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
An ideal I ran across the other day (not sure if on pinterest or just a blog) is using a saucer and then putting 4 round magnets on the bottom with E6000 glue and then it holds your pins.
Going to look for some plates and do a few of these for gifts for some people I know that sew.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I MUST finish the baby blanket I'm working on for the shower on Saturday so that is my project for the week. Anything else is gravy!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I am getting back to scrappin on Wednesdays. I printed out photos today and plan on leaving in the morning and scrap until I'm done with this batch of easter photos.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Diedra - a whole day scrapping! How great.

Thanks for the encouragement Lana!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I scrapped from 10 until just after 2 today. I have all the Easter photos done and then a few individual layouts. I made one tag for DD that says WASH on one side and DRY on the other to remind her that she has clothes in the dryer. I'll make them for her chores and then hang them in her room. Was really nice not to have to rush. I'm going to try to do this once a week.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Diedra, so glad you enjoyed your day!!! I hope you can fit it into your schudule weekly or at least monthly.

The fleece blanket is done. I cut the fringe and Allen tied.

Of course this is a b'day present for tom. so not off my Christmas list.

I have a baby shower on July 1st that I need to sew stuff for and then of course the CIJ swap items for here to do yet.