Crafters Challenge December 18th-24th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, my friends this is the last few days to finalize and wrap!

And I made it!!!! -----Well, will make it.
The bottles arrived for vanilla so will wash them and fill.
Salt is mixed just needs to go into the bottles.
Ornaments done.
Pillows just have to be sewn and stuffed.

HouseElf and Diedra sounds like you 2 are doing good!

DD, I ended up making another one. The 2 spots aren't really noticeable but of course the per. spread and around the mouth it smeared the black.

Everybody got their wrapping done?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Ahorsesoul ~ Is the lego blanket a gift for this year?

HouseElf ~ Good idea to make a practice block. I try to do that with quilt blocks before I cut all the fabric and discover a wrong measurement.

I didn't feel like I was doing much crafting yesterday, but at the end of the day I had picked up just a bit in the studio, kitted up a CCS motif for a Valentine card, knitted a tiny hat and scarf set for a wine bottle, and started on a second hat and scarf set. I should have a second one in my Christmas décor boxes somewhere. For some reason, I think it's easier to just knit another one than dig through to find the other one.

I might give the embroidery machine another chance to stitch out some poinsettias today. It messed up the last ones I tried.

Done? No! I really have no idea what to get for DSonIL and only a vague idea of what to get for DD#1 and still waiting for another idea for Iris. Eeek!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Overall I think that I have done fairly well with crafts this year.
As usual, I have not completed all that was on my list, but they are packed and ready to go for when I gt the chance.
It means that I get a head start for the new year.

I think in the end it did 15 or 16 crocheted blankets for my Cystic Fibrosis charity as well as all the other crafts the I did, so I am not too worried about the rest.

Will sit down early in the new year for a planning day.

Thank you all for your companionship and inspiration that you have all provided this year. I love our "virtual" crafting group and hope to continue again next year.
Thank you to Lana for keeping us on track every week, you are wonderful.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Diedra, the lego blanket does sound neat.

Katina, what a GREAT job you did on he blankets!!!!

DD, I am sure you will come up with something for gifts. Hope your machine did better for you.

Last night after the baking/candy, cleaning dishes I put the elastic in Teigans little play skirt, sewed the pillows and stuffed them (have to sew the opening shut and then a back for one or make another one completely. Whites are 2 different colors.), I washed the bottles to put vanilla in.

Tonight my plan is to work on the pillows, salt and vanilla.

Then I can pick up the table top in the craft room and people can sit in here Christmas Eve. That will be 6 more seats. Last year the table was buried.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks everyone for sharing your crafts with me this year. Can't wait to see what everyone has planned for 2017!

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
What a cute lego blanket!

It sounds like everyone is wrapping it up! (pardon the pun).

I did get a few more poinsettias stitched out as well as some "big sister" and "little sister" appliques sewn onto some sweatshirts. Also did some brainstorming around wrapping ideas. I need to figure out what to take with us so I can finish wrapping when we get to Anchorage.

DH and I had a "discussion" about Christmas gifts this morning. Long overdue. We did some online searching, made some decisions, and he went out to purchase some items. As he was saying "I feel stressed", I was thinking how relieved I was that I finally made him help me out. He must really believe in Santa and the magic of Christmas! TFL!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Very cute Diedra!

I did my seasoning salts last night and put into the containers. The pepper is strong.

My vanilla, I wasn't happy with. Have made it for several years now and always liked it. No changes did I do. Now I have 2 full bottles. Need to order beans for next year.

Painted another pillow top. Since I screwed up the one and redid I didn't have another piece of the white to match so had to do a new one. Hard to match whites at time.

Tonight I will close the openings on the pillows, finish the little ornament we made with Teigans fingers. Then done!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I updated my blog with some of my latest crafts as well as some exchange Christmas cards if you are interested.

I'm so looking forward to after-Christmas crafting. I want to get started on my 2017 Christmas cards and tuck-ins. I have several ideas started already for the tuck-ins, and it will be hard to decide which ones to use!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD, love the updated crafts on your blog, you have been so busy.
Diedra, love the lego blanket, a lot of work in that. You could also knit the blocks. My DB is a huge lego fan and I don't crochet to a pattern but I think I could knit a few blocks. Something to think about for the new year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just a quick shot of the chocolates that I wrapped for Chritmas Eve, not really a craft but was on my list image.jpeg

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Katrina ~ Looks like you used paper, buttons, yarn, glue ... I call that crafting! They are so cute!

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks guys. Just something to add to the Christmas Eve basket. Very quick.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
All is done!

The pillows are sewn up and the spot is off the one.
Got the 2 dresses hemmed up
Got the little canvas finger prints painted. I am NOT a painter.
Scubbies I got them all sewn on Tuesday at work/lunch.

Now to think of next years!

Thank you to all who post on this thread. I LOVE LOVE hearing about and seeing pictures of your crafts. You are all such a talented bunch of ladies!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks Lana for taking care of this thread throughout the year.

You sure did good with all the crafts this year. :)

Merry Christmas to you and your family too and all fellow MHH crafters

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Thank you all for your companionship and inspiration that you have all provided this year. I love our "virtual" crafting group and hope to continue again next year.
Thank you to Lana for keeping us on track every week, you are wonderful.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all.
Ditto!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have all the Lego block finished. Now to join them all together. DD is now using my yarn I need for this to make a hat. I'll have to start on it after she goes to bed and try to unravel the yarn from which ever end she isn't using.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Iris and I did our first zentangle inspired drawing today. It was much more fun than I expected it to be since I'm not really much of an artist. We worked on a large piece of paper with both of us drawing on the same one. I'm going to try to get a picture of it, but I don't know if a photograph will do it justice.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I finished the lego blanket and am steaming and blocking it now. DD is upset that it is small since I made it so the DGS could carry it around. lol