Crafters Challenge December 21st-27th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Tis the week to be done!!!!

I do have the towels done (have snaps or buttons to put on, scrubbies done, ornaments sewn just need ironed together (where is that whole roll or paper???), and the doll quilt is ready to be sewn together.

Santa (Allen will dress up) will bring Teigan a baby doll but her quilt will have to wait. :(

Everybody done with gifts? Or getting something else in place?

I would like to do a great niece that 7 months a taggie and I printed out the pattern but......

At 53 I should have my CRAP together!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie, it will work fine. I have did one for Jaymee in the past. Need to do me one.

I finished the doll blanket last night and the taggie.

Would like to do a few hooded towels for Teigan but will see.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

For some reason, I couldn't get to this web site last week. It seems fine this morning.

The only craft I have yet to do is to make some machine embroidery hair clips for DGD. I want to make a quick trip to the craft store to pick up some black felt 'cause they will be penguins. While there, I'd like to get some yarn which is on sale to start a couple of prayer shawls. I gave one to a friend last week. And it will be a good project to work on while visiting with company this week.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Still plugging away at felt food items - seeing what I can get done really :)

Have made another felt carrot, a fairly large amount of "ravioli" and a couple of strawberries...with a 3rd one almost done.

Tonight will be the last night I even attempt to craft before the big day!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I really need to get to the craft store ASAP after Christmas. My table runner has seen better days and I want to get Christmas fabric and maybe a red and white chevron so I can make a new one. I want to get onto it while I am in the Christmas mood.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I think I'm done with Christmas crafting also. The stocking for DSonIL won't be done for this year, but DD brought one that we will use for him this time. I got the penguin hair clips made yesterday and finished a second dish cloth and started knitting a prayer shawl. DD brought some of DGD's shirts that she'd like me to shorten the sleeves on, and also a fancy dress that needs some repair. If I get a chance ...

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
One more cowl to finish and I'm done:)

Merry Christmas!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Last night was the last hurray for the felt food! Finished one more strawberry, one more carrot and one more lemon slice.

I have a large shoebox pretty well filled with felt food so I'm happy :)

Will wrap it tonight!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Crafts 2014 - DONE

At 53 I should have my CRAP together!!!!
Well, at 51, I don't either. Can we be in the same club? LOL
I didn't get around to making as much as I wanted ... I think the kitchen remodel stress helped in that dept. But it was all good! Hope to make fun things for Christmas 2015! Blessings to you and all who craft on this site ... inspirational ladies!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We must start the "I don't have my crap together" club.

I finished off all the crafts that I wanted to. I have added a lot more to my to do list for 2015.
First off is a table runner,
Then covered button wine charms,
Felt hearts for coathangers,
Felt mitten decorations,
and of course crocheted rugs..

Will go to the craft store on Tuesday and see what the have in the after Christmas sales.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Thank you all for joining the club!!! LOL

I didn't get the hooded towels done for Teigan or Jaymees stocking but she has one I made the same size as Ryan and Ryan, I just wanted to do her new one in wine theme material.

Everybody was happy with their homemade items.

Now to think of 2015 and PULL it together sooner. Even tho we start early I know sometimes the ideals for new stuff I see in fall or late summer.

I appreciate all who post to this thread thru out the year and LOVE hearing and seeing the pictures of your crafts.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Crafting is not my thing but I really, really like it when you girls post pictures of all the amazing things that you make.

Pleas keep them coming!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Well, I for one, have all my CRAP together! It's all in the studio! Now, finding it in there is another matter entirely.

I did get the sleeves on one of DGD's shirts shortened. She decided that the other one would be okay with the sleeves rolled up. And I also did some repair on her fancy dress, but at this point it will just be for "dress up".

I made a hooded towel for a baby shower (DNiece having a baby boy). My first finish for 2015! It turned out really cute. I didn't remember to check DNiece's gift registry, before buying the towel, so didn't have any ideas as to what color(s) to look for. As it turned out, I got a multi-colored towel and when I got home to check the registry, I saw that she has a woodland creatures theme and she had a couple of hooded towels selected on the registry. So I got online and purchased a machine embroidery fox that I stitched out and made an applique for the hood. I'm giving it with a knit "baby blanket buddy (bunny)" that I made a while ago. I was going to save it for my "hope chest", but decided to include it with this gift. I'll have time to make another one.

I'm making some progress on the felt Christmas stocking and the prayer shawl as well.

I procraftinated this morning and pulled out CCS charts for greeting cards for all of the birthdays, anniversaries, etc. for the year. I want to get going on the Valentine's. It seems like the first half of the year is pretty heavy with Valentine's (4 or 5 + 1 anniversary), Easter (4 or 5), April birthdays (3), Mother's Day(2), and tapering down June through November. Then, of course, there's Christmas. Okay TFL ...