Crafter's Challenge December 31st----January 6th, 2024!!!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WELCOME TO 2024!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praying for a Happy Healthy New Year to You and your Families!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am always amazed how fast it comes around. NEVER did back in the younger years. Only good thing is---retirement is getting closer. I can't decide on when tho. (I am 62 1/2) I keep thinking maybe spring of '26-----I really don't know. Maybe next week.

I was cleaning off a table earlier tonight and found some ornaments that I didn't get made this year so I know where all that is, when I get time to start them.

Is everybody getting a list made or in head of what they want to try this year?

I need to order vanilla beans and get vanilla started. Need to go check the prices and see what to order.

I can't wait to see what we all do this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks Lana for getting us started for a brand new year.
This week I would like to finish the edge on the face washer for Mum's birthday. Once done I will start the towel.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Happy New Year everyone!
Will work on my quilt this week. I have a Santa bag to make for the sleigh I have. Won’t take long once I figure out the size.
Washing fabric for another quilt. I’d like to put together a few quilt kits, so I can move from one project to another.
Have a productive craft week as we start the new year!
Since the rest of my fabric order never arrived I’m going to order the print from a new company. If it happens to show up later on I’ll give it to my cousin.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
This week will be some mending. Separating the yarn ordered for the mittens into bags with info on who hey are for and the pattern being used,
A few Christmas items need a little bit of repair.
Also have a ornament cut out that never got put together from a few years ago that I would like to put together so it can be put away with the rest of the ornaments.
Will also pull out the pattern, yarn etc to start on a washcloth in the evenings.

Have updated my blog with my Oct to Nov crafts and the Christmas cards I made earlier in the year.

Last edited:

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
This week, I need to get my crochet bag cleaned out and better organized, and sort and organize my yarn. Once I can see at a glance what I have, I'll come up with some sense of where I'm headed this year. I do have a shawl started (barely) and a sweater that I started last year (just couldn't gain any traction and set it aside -- every row had different stitch changes, and just couldn't gain any momentum or see any end in sight), and I know I want to make snowflakes and bookmarks for Christmas gifts next year, so need to search for the right pattern.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I must organize my knitting/crochet bag for whenever we leave for FL

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I didn't crochet gifts last year with all that went on with DS20. I would like to in 2024, so I need to look at some patterns. I will start with the one YouTube gal I like.

Reactions: halimer and Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lots of tidying up this next week or two. My craft room serves also as the Christmas catch all. I need to get it back in order and then see where I am at.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I bought some yarn at the thrift store today to make some shelter animal pet mats.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
IMG_0058.jpeg

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Lovely, Julianne. Is there a special pattern for pet mats?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Hey. No. I just make either a square or a rectangle. I do all sorts of different stitches. Sometimes if I just do rows and rows of double crochet, I crochet with two stands at once. This one above, I am doing a waffle stitch. I have also done some pet mats/blankets in C2C (Corner to Corner). I just YT video's on how to do different fun stitches. I can share my waffle stitch one and the C2C one. I totally guess at sizes as they don't have to meet any certain measurements.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm joining in this year as often as possible. :) My unfinshed creative projects inspired my word of the year. ;)

This week I made two Christmas pillows from four Dollar Tree placemats that I bought in November. I'm not a sewer but I can use a glue gun. Three sides and half of the fourth side were glued together. I cut an old bed pillow in half and used that as the stuffing for the new pillows. Then I glued the rest of the pillows together. They look really cute in our family room.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I finished the edge on the face washer. It is not the best but I am happy with it.
It will go in the gift closet for Mum's birthday

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I love the color of that yarn!!!
Finished the quilt top today. It has a few boo-boos in it. I didn’t notice until I was too far along, I’ll make some notes on the pattern so it doesn’t happen next go around. Will make the binding tomorrow, then figure out the backing.
I really need to clean up my sewing room!