Crafters Challenge Feb. 6th~Feb. 12th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
finished Valentines cards for my husband and DD. Also got 2 mini albums and about 20 paged done at the scrapbooking retreat this weekend.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Whoo Hoo!

Sounds like fun things are getting done!

:fireplace:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Everybody is working on something.

I went to my class last night and of course the teacher had a picture of what we will make so alot of people are getting different material for parts of it. It was fun and I learned a couple things.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Awesome!!

I went to my class last night and of course the teacher had a picture of what we will make so alot of people are getting different material for parts of it. It was fun and I learned a couple things.

And ... what is it you'll be making?

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
For class it is a wall hanging with 13 patches that will have appliqued cherries, stem and a leaf on it and then 12 4 patch squares with border and binding and backing on it.

This afternoon I did 3 burp rags, 2 bibs and 2 pee pee teepees. On my blog.

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Lana, I love the baby things, especially the train burp cloth. :) I always want to comment on your posts but your blog comment section doesn't work on my computer... only pop-up comment pages do. Halimer, I like your baby blanket, too!

I am gathering supplies to make thank you cards for shower gifts... I have had 1 of 4 (!) showers already. The other 3 are small- work, church and MIL's church where DH grew up. But I have a lot of cards to make!

I also got in all my fabrics for my Easter tablerunner and my niece's quilt for Christmas. :)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Awesome!!

For class it is a wall hanging with 13 patches that will have appliqued cherries, stem and a leaf on it and then 12 4 patch squares with border and binding and backing on it.

Sounds very pretty! I love cherry pie! LOL

PS I went to your web site and saw your pretty baby things ... nice!

Last edited:

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I am making slow, but some, progress on DD's jumper.

But I also DID make it to the fabric store one lunchour, and got the stuffing for DD's owl. I stuffed it Wednesday night, and now just have to sew on the beak and sew closed the opening. Will finish over the weekend.

And I sorted my crafts things in the office, so I have 6 UFO's ready to grab and sew when I get 5 minutes, another 3 crayon rolls with their buttons and thread in a ziploc, and the circles drawn on the backing fabric (it's actually hat-band stiffener but seems like a good idea for cross-stitching small things) to make the first 2 pictures (I have a bunch of plastic globes, that I will use to make 2 seperate tree ornaments each, with a cross-stitch picture as the back).

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yes!

And I sorted my crafts things in the office, so I have 6 UFO's ready to grab and sew when I get 5 minutes

I keep my crochet projects in zip lock bags in a tote by my bed ... so, yes, when I get 5 minutes, I can grab a bag and do a little work!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Done!!

Well, here is my done list ... got that other Christmas Card Basket done last night. Those are fun and pretty!

{X} Amigurumi Penguin (DFriend) DONE
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70583AD.html?noImages

{X,X} Crochet Old Card Ornaments (2 Friends) 2 DONE
http://www.allcrafts.net/projects/Crochet-Christmas-Card-Ornament.htm

{X} Amigurumi Snowman (Dsis) DONE
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70706AD.html?noImages

{X} Wristers DONE

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80703AD.html?noImages=

{X, X} Mittens (2 of DS friends) 2 DONE
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80670AD.html?noImages=

{X,X} Old Christmas Card Basket (DSister, DFriend) 2 DONE
http://www.allfreecrafts.com/christmas/card-basket.shtml

:fireplace:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Well I didn't get anything else made for my mom's birthday, which is tomorrow. But I did pick up a nice smelling lotion at B & B to go with her washclothe so I'm ok with that.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I found a Valentine's craft kit in my stash. I was looking for something else, of course. I want to make a flylady type flipper for myself for daily tasks. While searcing for supplies; I found a 6x6 Valentines Album kit that I think my mom got me. I put the kit all together, without pictures because I am thinking about using it for a happiness journal or a book of lists.

I had it in my scrapbook supplies for 2 or 3 years. One of my resolutions this year was to use what I have craftwise...nice to make some effort toward that goal. :D

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Got a great deal at Joanns this week...

Was planning on making scrapbooks for the first year of baby's life for each set of grandparents and one for us as well... got 3 12X12 $24 scrapbooks on clearance for $2.97 each!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I made good progress yesterday, cos I HAD to sew up the owl for DD (final seam to close stuffing hole) and got the sewing machine out. DD was busy "sorting my button boxes" while I did that, and was still stuck into it when that was finished.

So I grabbed the tote bag that only needed handles sewing on and finished that. (And then sorted my buttons out again to put them back into the box!).

Then I grabbed the 2 small bags with 2 crayon rolls and brought those downstairs. I sewed the button onto one last night, and have everything ready to sew the button on the other today.

So 3 more UFO's finished, and hopefully a 4th by tonight!! (The tote and 1 crayon roll, along with a notebook and small pad of colouring pictures, will be a 3rd birthday present for DNephew).

And I did do another few rows on DD's jumper - not a lot but every bit is progress.

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Wow, Brittany that is a bargain!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful gift for the grandparents~~~they will love it. Are the grandparents all close by? Their first grandchild?

Yes, both sets of parents are nearby. DH's live 8 miles away and mine are 32 miles (soon to be 20 miles). Both grandmothers will take turns sitting Carson when I return to work. :) We really can't imagine it any other way. C is the 4th grandbaby on DH's side and the 3rd (4th if you count a child my sister is trying to adopt) on my side.