Crafter's Challenge February 11th--February 17th, 2024

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
If I can get through some more decluttering I want to hit the sewing/craft room and do more. DD wants me to make a cushion for her bench. Oh, just remembered DD is going out this weekend I could send it out with her. Will make it a high priority. Guess I know what am doing Monday.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Will work a bit more on the quilt top. I think we may have enough "flags" cut out to start another quilt. Will see where we are up to.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I started a scarf for DD’s BF.

And all the other half started projects. LOL :)

IMG_0543.jpeg

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
And all the other half started projects. LOL :)
I have to restart the knitting that I started in January and have put aside.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Last week I finished a bunch of hearts for IFAQH that I had started a while back. Yesterday I made two more and have fabric ready for a bunch more. They are addicting. I'm not sure what I'll do with all of them since I seem to forget to set them out when I go places. I did remember one last week on a hike we went on, and it was reported on the next day. I also sent a couple in some Valentine cards. I think I'll be giving some to friends for them to leave when they go for hikes, etc. Anyway, I don't think I'll do any more of those for a while ... well maybe just a couple more to test the digitized one that I changed up to see how it sews out.

Ok, what I'd really like to tackle this week is my CCS watercolor anemone which is pretty close to completion. I only work on it in the evenings though.

I want to start to focus on Easter. I have CCS motifs ready to make cards (4), and I want to make a crochet dragon for Sonja, finish a couple of embellished Altoid tins for Iris and Julia, and then something? for Valentin. I might try an embellished Altoid tin for him, too, with a little car in it. I need to find a car that's small enough.

Sewing-wise, I should get back to my UFO lake loft quilts, but I should do some serious craftermath control in the studio first!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Probably no crafting this week but I did go to Michael's and bought some watercolor paper and then got some natural cotton at walmart for my Christmas ornaments I want to do.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Sporadically crocheting.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
It took me all day but I got the cushion done for DD(34) There is a built in bench in dgd's playroom that needed a cushion.... Called DD(37) to see if she will come and get it so she can take it with her when she goes for a visit this weekend.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
My crafting is on hiatus right now. The only crafting I'll be doing is boxing up all my yarn stash to ready it for moving. I can't believe how much I've accumulated in a year!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Also finished the quilt top, sewed it onto a blanket we had. It's not the best but I am sure that DD will like it. It literally cost nothing as we had everything we needed.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD loved her blanket and was surprised by it. Lovely.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
DD loved her blanket and was surprised by it. Lovely.
Also finished the quilt top, sewed it onto a blanket we had. It's not the best but I am sure that DD will like it. It literally cost nothing as we had everything we needed.
My Grandmother had quilt tops sewn to blankets, sheets for backing and even blankets used as batting. They were loved to pieces and your daughter will do the same with the one you gave her.