Crafters Challenge February 1st-7th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
:welcome: To a new month!!!

This week I would like to work on 2 Kleenex covers that Ellen shared the site with me for. Both are for birthdays that are on February 13th.

Then I owe my nephew 2 pillowcases for his birthday that was in Sept.. He finally told me to do camo a few weeks ago so need to get them done.

Would like to do a couple other things for one of the b'days---washer necklace and maybe and infinity scarf.

What does everybody else have planned for week?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have finished my reversible table runner in christmas fabric and am happy with it. I am currently making hearts out of vintage type fabric which I will hang from coathangers in my wardrobe.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Have drawn a pattern & cut out my pieces for inserts I want to do in my Christmas cards. All pieces are cut, will just need assembling at a later date. :)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

The Superbowl game was disappointing, but I did get the January fairy CCS finished as well as the prayer shawl. Before the game, I finished three more quilt blocks and got a start on three more.

Glad to see others are getting some crafting in and making good progress.

For the rest of the week I hope to work on some of these:

*Craftermath Control [start putting studio back together when flooring project is done]
*New knit project
*Bear Paw king size quilt
*CCS Easter card motifs
*Finish February greeting cards with CCS motifs
*Work on picture collage

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Washer necklace?
I would love to see pictures of all your completed crafts. (Do you post them on blogs or in the gallery here?)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lolwlias, yes I do have pictures of crafts I do on my blog. But beware it is kinda taken over by Teigan pictures.......

The washer necklaces I have wanted to do for a few years and finally did for a swap this past yr.. I should do one for myself to see how it holds up--if it does.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Hello everyone!

I finished knitting an infinity scarf a couple of nights ago. I still need to weave in the ends. It didn't end up being as long as I had expected, so I can't comfortably wrap it around twice. But maybe it will stretch a little as I wear it and that will change.

I think I am going to knit a baby blanket next. I found a cute and simple pattern on Ravelry that looks like I can do and will keep me busy for a while. I have a niece that was married a year ago and a nephew that was married this past fall. So I'm thinking I will make two blankets and put them on the shelf until they are needed. At my speed of knitting it will take me thru the summer to finish one.

Have a great crafting week!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Carol, good ideal to get ahead alittle! I thought of taking a knitting class that I seen was offered but can't get done with what other stuff I would like to do!!!! Still sewing for the shop?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Carol ~ I have a “hope chest” where I keep items for a new (someday) grandchild. Every once in a while I give an item to another baby coming along. It’s really nice to have something ready.

Lana ~ I enjoyed browsing through a couple pages of your blog.

I’m managing to make progress on some bear claw quilt blocks. I only have three left to make before I start stitching around the bear appliqués on the other 21 blocks. Then I can sew them all together and decide if I’ll need more or if it’s time to start some borders. It’s going to be a king size quilt.

I have just a bit to do to finish up some Valentine's cards. Haven’t started a new knitting project yet, but completed a small CCS motif last night for an Easter card. I’ll start another one tonight, I think. I need 5 Easter cards and 3 birthday cards for April, then I have a little breather. I’m planning a couple Mother’s Day cards and some pot holders for relatives that I’d like to give them for Mother’s Day. Then, I think there’s a wedding and a birthday in June. Always something!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
DD, you are really coming along with the quilt. Can't wait to see it.

I have a co-worker is due with a boy in June so need to think on that. Firetrucks is their theme.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I have a co-worker is due with a boy in June so need to think on that. Firetrucks is their theme.

I think the hooded towels make the best gifts! The ones you made were great. Maybe you could add an applique to the hood of something fireman-related, or a strip of fireman fabric to embellish the edge of the towel.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Crafts 2015

Well, I didn't do any crafting ... wait ... I'll take that back a little. Helping DS11 make a tie fleece blanket for a 4-H Youth Fair exhibit. Well, I showed him and he's doing it. Then he and I are doing another one to give to a church mission trip. I didn't do anything on my rat crochet scarf. Bummer ...