Crafter's Challenge February 25th----March 2nd, 2024

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Thanks, Lana, for the get-go this week.

I think Kathy and I are going to Open Sew on Tuesday. If so, I will work on a UFO quilt.

For Rudy Day today, I'd like to do some more work on a machine embroidery nativity scene to frame for a friend.

Other crafting this week could/should include finishing a CCS pirate motif for Iris' BD card (only backstitching left to do); begin knitting socks for DSonIL; Easter gift ideas (Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit tin for Julia [CCS is finished]; crochet dragon for Sonja; Mini car and truck tin for Valentin; and Precious Things tin for Iris]).

We'll see what I actually accomplish...

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Still working on rugs this week. Nothing has been spray basted. Rain, cold and windy here. Tomorrow will be near 60! so will try to get them done.
Fabric photos arrived. Everything printed nice except the 2 black n white photos from the 40’s. I may try to edit them and have them reprinted but not by this company. I knew the fabric was a poly cotton mix but honestly they look like a pair of polyester pants from the 70’s.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Not having much luck with my latest crochets. Everything seems to get messed up - too many or too few stitches - and I have been doing a lot of ripping.

Will keep trying or go back to my knitting UFO's

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I would like to get back to my knitting

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I finished the stitch-out of the nativity scene for my friend. It turned out nice, and I plan to frame it for her.

I rounded up my sock knitting instructions and will find the right needles to get started on that. I do toe-up, and starting on the toes requires concentration until I'm straight knitting up the length of the foot ... then turning the heels again requires concentration.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished the back of the cardigan. Need to cast on for the left front.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
So....I don't usually post here, but I am hoping to make an Easter craft this weekend. If I am successful, I may make a few as gifts. Have you seen the bunnies on candle sticks with florals? Similar to this:

I'll keep ya posted!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
So....I don't usually post here, but I am hoping to make an Easter craft this weekend. If I am successful, I may make a few as gifts. Have you seen the bunnies on candle sticks with florals? Similar to this:

I'll keep ya posted!
Those are really cute. I just clicked on the “Watch on YouTube”

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Those are cute! You could do that with any season. I think I saw snowman heads at Michaels awhile back. Thanks for posting. Forwarded that video to my cousin!
Week did not go as planned. I have 1/2 of 1 rug quilted and that’s it.
Went through my stash for the quilts I’m making. Found fabric for the background and backing for the barn quilt.
Finished the 2nd ornament for my cousin that I started back in nov/ Dec. It’s all boxed up to give when I see her next.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I found flowers and greenery, but no luck on the rabbit or candlestick. I ordered both from Amazon and they should be here by Tuesday.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Teachermomof2. Those are cute.

When and got my crafting from the past two months up on my blog. Guess I really when crazy on the card making end as I counted up 42 cards made. Still need to make two more cards for birthdays next month.
The cuff is done on the first sock along with a couple rows of the leg and that is as far as I have gotte.
A yarn store sent out an email today with their yarn of the month sale that reminded me when they had put some yard on sale last fall I picked up some to make myself a short sleeve pullover sweater but have yet to start it. With warmer weather around the corner I better get busy on it.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
How cute is that bunny? TFS Lisa.

Reactions: halimer