Crafters Challenge Jan. 5th-Jan. 11th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Miss JoDee, your ddil's hats are adorable, she is very talented!

I finished my hat that I was knitting. It is called a Sockhead Hat. It's been very popular on Ravelry, so I had to give it a try. It was an easy pattern, so it was right up my alley. I don't usually wear many hats, but this one is pretty comfy, so maybe I'll wear it more often.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Some great crafts happening already.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Those are some beautiful projects! Such talent! My goal for this week is to complete my 2014 scrapbook calendar. I may break out the knitting needles and start a scarf, too.

Carol...do you sell your chevron scarves online? I love that!
James's...that is quite the list!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Crafts!

Miss JoDee - Cute cute stuff!

Thanks all! It was fun making!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Carol has beautiful stuff on her blog that she makes. Hooded towels-I love the fish one!

Lisa, I remember when you took the class. (knitting) Then Jess taught herself some I think.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
As DH went to the gym while I got DD to bed last night, and I had no chores to do once I had finished that, I settled down with my cross-stitch while I had the tv on and managed to get the dark green finished and the 2nd (of 3) green sections well started on the holly leaves decoration I started 14 months ago (and abandoned about 13 months ago). If I have 2 more nights at it, I should finish it altogether!!

(DH's had been grumbling about me spending too much money this year before dinner, so his reaction, when he walked in was "I suppose you've started on next year's Christmas presents" - followed very swiftly, as he got from the front door into the sitting room that he was "only joking! OMG you really are! You eejit!! I wasn't that serious about it earlier!").

I do it cos I like it, and if the end results become presents, all the better. But I relax doing it so that is why!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
"eejit" - lol :)

I love it when you can type in an accent!

I finished embroidering DH's name onto his new stocking we bought this year. Almost finished embroidering my DSis's name onto hers as well. Just have my stocking to do after that and I can pack them all away for next year.

Next up is a felt pirate map for DS's birthday in early Feb. If I start now I should be able to finish in time - if I don't get too fancy!

Then I have a few UFO's that didn't get finished for this last Christmas to try and button up! That will take me a few weeks at the least!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WingedOne and AuntJ--WTG!

I sewed 5 burp rags last night. Going to go sew here shortly.

I also made a scarf yesterday and 1 today. Got 2 others done last week. New colors I got at Joanns

Last edited:

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Those are some beautiful projects! Such talent! My goal for this week is to complete my 2014 scrapbook calendar. I may break out the knitting needles and start a scarf, too.

Carol...do you sell your chevron scarves online? I love that!
James's...that is quite the list!

Hi Lisa! No, I don't sell online. I've thought about starting something on Etsy, but just haven't made the leap.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Crafts!

I finished nice little crochet flowers on DD21 cosplay outfit!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Fingerless Gloves

Then DD21 needed fingerless gloves for the cosplay outfit. Got one done!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Still working on the crocheted rug, it is quite a big one so it will be a project over the next few weeks. I crochet rugs for a charity I work with so it is pretty much an ongoing craft for me.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Rugs

Still working on the crocheted rug, it is quite a big one so it will be a project over the next few weeks. I crochet rugs for a charity I work with so it is pretty much an ongoing craft for me.
How nice sweetpumkinpye. I work with some homeschooling moms to make crochet blankets for charity. It's called "Warm Up America". We all make little squares and then when I have 49, I crochet them together to make a blanket and give it to a local charity that helps family get out of homelessness.

Do you have a pattern for your rug?
:snowman2:

Last edited:

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I managed to do both the buttons on my coats (which had been waiting a few weeks) and also put a button on 1 of the crayon rolls I had sitting as another UFO (I have 3 almost finished). So that just needs 1 final seam before I fill it.

I did a bit more work on the cross-stitch holly leaves, so not finished but progress made.

So while not everything got finished, I did make progress for the first time in months!!