Crafters Challenge January 25th-31st

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
ONE month of the year will be down at the end of this week--can you believe it!!!!

This week I got crap DONE!!!! Can you believe it?!?!

Yesterday I quilted the quilt for Teigan that I finally sewed together on Thursday a.m. before work. First time I did points. They aren't at all bad to do. Was going to free motion but didn't. I made the pillow case for the pillow I made. I also made 3 hooded towels. Will put pictures on blog in a day or 2.

I wanted to do a plushy blanket but that will be for Valentines Day with a pillowcase and a cloth book about firemen. Allen was cutting it and cut one alittle short so will work with that. I honestly haven't looked at it. Just heard him saying it.

I also have a couple items I would like to do for 2 birthday on February 13th.

What would you like to finish before the end of January!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Crafts 2015

Well, one month down almost already. Wow.

I haven't even thought of a list for Christmas yet.

I am still crocheting this rat scarf. Little legs are time consuming. LOL

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings:
Happy Rudy Day!

Lana ~ Thanks for initiating the challenge again! Congratulations on your finishes. Are you talking about "prairie points"? Can’t wait to see your crafts.

We’re working on some new laminate flooring which is going to cause significant disruption in the studio, but not to be discouraged, I can work on CCS and knitting anywhere!

I worked a bit on most everything on the list last week, but somehow it’s all still there. There are a few items on the list that could actually get finished this week (CCS citrus motif, some Valentine’s cards, and an outside chance of the shawl), but time will tell. Since it’s Rudy Day today, I would like to work on Christmas cards. Got a good idea for them yesterday and did a little work towards the prototype. They will be time consuming, but it feels like I’ve got lots of time ... if I get to work!

Here’s the BRG list:

*Craftermath Control (forever!)
*Purple prayer shawl
*Exchange Christmas cards
*Bear Paw king size quilt
*CCS citrus motif
*CCS Easter card motifs
*Make February greeting cards with CCS motifs
*Work on picture collage

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
It seems quiet around here.

I worked on some quilt blocks a bit today. I finished the citrus CCS motif last night and discovered some additional backstitching that I want to do on the coordinating grape motif. There will be 4 motifs in all, including peaches and strawberries. I'm planning to make them into separate little wall hangings and rotate them with the seasons.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yeah. Me neither. Sniff ...

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
DD, how is your flooring coming?

It's great, but we ordered a few more boxes of flooring which won't come till Thursday. DH and I are discussing what to do in the meantime. We can move a couple of cabinets out of the way and paint that corner and perhaps do some of the flooring there with what we do have. DH still has molding to do, and we have window trim and casing to paint. At some point we will be painting a desk, also. We'll keep ourselves busy till the flooring arrives. It's looking very nice.

I'm able to keep up my crafting even with the studio out of commission. My sewing machine has been moved to a bedroom, and I completed 3 quilt blocks today and started on 3 more. I also put together materials to start on a small fairy CCS motif. And I can always knit anywhere!

Sorry more crafting isn't being accomplished by others. That was my story, too, when my DDs were young and I had to work.