Crafters Challenge January 28th---February 3rd, 2024

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have pulled out the cut out left over flags from DD's wedding and ironed them all. I will be sewing them together on Thursday to make a quilt top.

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm always amazed at the work you ladies can get done here. After trying to list things here, I think I'm a two-item-a-week person. However, I'm going to list this third item as a reminder. It's the perfect thing to do while watching TV:
  • work on autobiographical question.
  • make a kitchen cabinet curtain.
  • decorate coffee cans but only if time allows.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Yesterday I got the 3 pairs of pants hemmed for co-worker. Not happy with the one pair but.....It is silk and if you don't get the stitches tiny .........

Hemmed Allen's p.j. bottoms that Santa brought him.

Took in a dress of mine.

Nothing fun but was sewing!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Last week I tried diamond painting. I did a small project with Dgds. They were very familiar with it. I did a small heart. I can not decide if how much I like it. I know if I to it on I would have a hard time pacing myself. I was surprised at how much I felt in my upper arm from the repetitive motion of picking up and placing the diamond gems. I will have to think on this before I dive in. I really need to finish up some UFOs.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ Thanks for the get-go this week! I don’t enjoy altering either. DH used to want me to shorten his jeans. I finally told him I didn’t want to do it, and he retorted that I hemmed mine. I said that he could buy his in 1” increments whereas I had only two options, regular length and petites (sometimes). So there! He now gets them in the right length.

Rose ~ You always accomplish so much, and I know you are also busy with “life”!

Sweetpumpkinpy ~ What a wonderful quilt that will be.

Mary ~ It’s great to have a craft that you can do while watching TV. I work on CCS in the evenings in front of the TV.

Myron’s Mom ~ How many quilts do you finish a year? Seems like you are always working on one and often finishing! I have my UFO stack!

Jody ~ I have a friend who loves Diamond Dots. I haven’t gotten into it except to watch and help DGDs with some.

So, for this week, I hope to finish the watercolor quilt wall hanging. DD#2 really likes it, so I may make another one to give to her. It will be different fabric, so I’ll decide which one to gift and which one to keep.

I have Valentine cards to finish and am working on some CCS motifs for Easter cards. I also have a CCS motif finished for Julia’s February birthday to make a card with. Many options for me this week!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I don’t like mending either. I got lucky, the pj bottoms Santa brought my husband didn’t need hemmed this year. My cousin just ask about me fixing a few high/ low dresses in to straight hems. I said I would look at them. I have no problem saying no if I’m going to have a headache over them.

I think I only did 3 quilts last year. I usually do more. I made 6 purse/ wallet sets plus a few extra wallets. I’m going through my sewing room and put together 6 quilt kits already. I don’t know if I’ll get to all of them this year or not. I’d like to think so lol.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I am working on CIJ Ornament Swap! I also started another donation pet blanket.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Despite all the long airplane hours I did not crochet at all!

I finished the hat I made for myself and, of course, there was no need for me to wear it in Jackson.

So, now I hope to get back to working on my UFO's

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Got into the sewing room yesterday for a bit and got some knitting done. Have supplies pulled together for middle DGS birthday card and ordered an item needed for the exchange cards. It will arrive with the card kit for the online class I am taking next week.
Haven’t started the last class I signed up for that was two weeks ago. It’s a work at your own pace and using supplies you already have. Been trying to get the sewing projects cut out sewn up first as I need the table machines are sitting on for the next card class. Figured I will do the first card class while the table is cleared off.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Just watched an hour long talk that Shannon Brinkley gave. It was Scrappy Applique Trunk Show. Saw it mentioned on FB and got in on the 7 o'clock show. I think it is to be on about 3 times tomorrow. Kinda interesting--looks fun but I would never get to it any time soon!

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finally cleaned the craft room. It is also used to store Christmas presents, items that need to go to the farm etc. It is now tidy enough for me to get in there and organise my craft supplies.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
When DD was home visiting a few weeks ago, we de-cluttered/organized the computer/craft room. I made an area with a large milk crate to hold birthday/Christmas gifts (instead of my stuffing them here and there and forgetting where :rolleyes:). And another smaller one for my new gift closet (you all have inspired me to pick up little things and have them on hand! :))

@Lana @Miss JoDee I have not tried those diamond painting crafts. They sure look so pretty!

I have a few things going: Donation Pet Blanket, CIJ Ornament Swap, Etsy Spa Set, Etsy Coaster Pal, searching for pattern to make DD's BF's Christmas gift (hat ... maybe matching scarf), Valentine Cards with the craft set DStepma gave me, Adult Coloring book page ...

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I’ve never done the diamond painting, I’m guessing I need to stay away from that.
Had planned to keep cleaning my room today but that has changed. Instead I’ll look for a dead mouse in the laundry room. Pretty sure it’s in the wall but I’ll check around just to be sure. Such fun.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Received my first diamond painting at Christmas. Need to wait till the puzzle I have started is finished so I have a place to do it.
There was enough yarn left over from a couple washcloths to combine them to make one more. Just need to sew in the ends. I had done two in pink and thankfully although they were from different dye lots the colour matched up which doesn’t always happens.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mum and I started the quilt top today. Still need to cut out the binding but have plenty of fabric for that. Will not get to it for another 2 weeks as that is our next free Thursday.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I have another watercolor heart started. I wished the first one had turned out larger, but then I found the perfect place to hang it where it just fits the space, so I love it. I want to give one to DD, but I'm not sure which one I'll be able to give away. LOL Then, do I need to make a third one for my other DD's family?