Crafters Challenge July 1st-July 7th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
:welcome: to weekly crafters challenge AND to CIJ!!!!!

It seems even tho I am thinking of crafting all the time, around this time of the year I really start thinking more of what I will do for the holidays! So..... I need to dig out my list and see what (if anything can be marked off of it). I know I have of alot of sewing projects listed.

Do you all have a list of projects that you would like to do for Christmas 2012?

I know some things we have to wait until the stores decide to put the craft stuff out but lets be ahead and at least know what we want!!!! I have always wished they would leave the Christmas craft items out all year long.

So lets hear what you all are going to work on this week or see a list of your projects that you are wanting to do for the holidays.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Hi! I am working on more hair bows which should take me most of the week to complete. It may take me into next week since I won't get too much accomplished with working around the 4th of July.

I had to start over with my hat that I was knitting last week. I didn't pay close enough attention to the pattern and didn't knit a row between my decrease rows. Lesson learned!

Have a great week!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I started working on gift tags over the past few days. I've used my Cricut to cut some fun tag shapes in white and then some fun Christmassy shapes in black. I have some "To: From:" stamps that I then use as well.

I also cut some large letters from some pretty cardstock (first letters of DS and DH names) that I thought would be fun too.

I also had a piece of heavy cardstock with outlines of gingerbread people on it. I have stamped the To/From stamps in white in the middle of the people. Then cut them out. Then pricked holes all around the outline, about 1/4 inch in from the edge. Then I have used a pretty color red embroidery floss to blanket stitch around the edge of the paper.

Looks SO cute! Won't do a ton of these, and I will be saving them for re-use too!

Will also continue work on felt ornaments this week as well. Sooo many things I want to get done!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ would love to see pics of those tags.

I FINISHED my 2 amigurumi penguins :) for the teens. Can now get another craft ziploc out of the bin. I will post pics in the community section

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Haven't been feeling well, so only small progress to report. Did a bit more sewing on the felt monkey ornament. Also did a little more work on gift tags.

However, I DID get my craft room cleaned up and reorganized so that counts as progress too! :)

It looks so inviting now!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks Carol :)
I need to work on another craft this weekend... time to start doing the gifts for my friends.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie, cute! As you all know by now. Jaymee loves penguins!

AJ, I really need to use my cricut. Have had it a few years and never use it. Played around when I first got it. Have several cartridges I got thru e-bay.

I was off Sat.-today but was cleaning so no crafting. :(

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I worked on my ornaments for the CIJ swap.