Crafters Challenge July 8th- 14th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Almost 1/2 thru July at the end of this week. I HAVE to work on 10 (or could be 12) ornaments for a swap that is due in Massachusetts by 7-28.

I found a few more things to add to my list to make for this Christmas!

You all are doing GREAT getting a jump on things!!! Proud of you all!

What do you want to make this week?

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Lana - you certainly have your work cut out for you with the ornaments. Between that and your canning I don't know when you'll be able to sleep!

I started working on shrug/sweater for me:). It is very easy, just a square with some edges sewn together..if they work out I might make some as gifts...also working on a scarf...

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
I got an itch and redid my craft room boy that's all much to much for an old gal like me. Fortunately My son came through and caught me trying to take down a huge folding table (the big kind that weighs a thousand pounds) and moved that and the filing cabinet, so I won't be spending the weekend in the hospital with my back. Even thought I did get fussed at.
I now have a bigger and more efficient set up to work in.
now to go through and purge some craft stuff I don't use for the church garage sale.
I'm sure they will have another soon.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Debbie, you amaze me what you get done traveling! The shrugs would make nice gifts I think. When do you head back home?

Debbi, WTG on the craft room! Glad your son helped you with the heavy stuff. We sure miss the kids when they aren't around. It has been several years ago that I took everything out of the craft room and sorted it all. Some to Goodwill, alot to my younger sister for her 3 kids, prpject Linus and just pitched some stuff. The room is a mess now but it is just things out of place. Sure helps to have a clean room to craft in!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
This week, as I have no one else in the house, I am intending to work on some sewing projects - like finishing the 3 crayon rolls that have been half sewn for about 18 months now....(blush).

I'd like to put together 5 cushion covers (I have some nice purple fabric and the pillow inserts).

DD had asked for a tote bag and picked out the fabric and bought some ribbon herself for it, so I'd better get cracking on that.

I have a bunch of tree ornaments cut ready to sew.

And then I have things that I would like to get to but reckon I won't this week - like a pair of pyjamas for DD, another for DNephew, and another for another DNephew. A handbag for DSis. A pillowcase to match the single-duvet cover I made last year (we got a double duvet for DD afterwards as she's a kicker, but it would make a nice present for a DNiece). A load of tote bags and aprons. Dollie blankets and clothes. More stockings. And I don't even think I've listed everything there that I have in mind.

Sigh. Oh well, I found the desk in the study/craft/junk room yesterday, so I should get at least a few bits done this week.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Great job Lana!
Wings that is quite a list!

I finally took out another ziploc craft kit I had prepped. This one is for the snowman ornaments for my friends. Had to reread the instructions I had written down (I had made one as a model because I had no pattern). Want to do some this weekend but I think it'll be too hot. At least the kit is out of the closet :)

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I sewed the seams for the 16 crayons per roll, the elastic tie, and then the front to back sides each of the 3 crayon rolls last night. So tonight I need to iron them open now that they are right side out again, and close up the access hole, sew on the button to close it - and the crayon rolls are done!! Wooo HOOOOO!!