Crafters Challenge June 3rd-9th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello Friends!

I actually completed 2 projects this week. Mrs. Gooseys dress and bonnet and then the fleece blanket for the shower today. On my blog!

What do you have planned to work on this week?

I have another shower this coming Saturday for a baby and then on July 1st (if that is a Sunday). The one in July is my daughters best friend so I know I will sew for it.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing what all are working on!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Way to go, Lana! The pictures look great! Such cute fabrics!

I was able to finish the owl ornament this weekend. I also cut and finished an simple penguin ornament too. Inspiration pic here:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/9952425...erest&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share

I also FINALLY finished the little bear ornament for DS! After all that time of trying to figure out a scarf, i ended up just cutting a strip of red felt, tying it on, hot gluing one side down so it would lay right and fringing the ends with scissors. Simple and cute. Also added a ribbon loop for the ornament "hanger" part and hot glued a button on to hide where I sewed down the ribbon.

Felt good to get that done! :)

I am also thiiiiiiisss close to finishing sewing up the owl with the tape measure inside of it. Once again, got too late and I couldn't focus as well. But the hard part is done, just have to finish it up tonight!

Oh, and I almost forgot, finished hot gluing on all the little pieces of paper to my first ornament like this:

http://bridgetbaxter.blogspot.com/2009/12/more-tortured-book-pages.html

Now I have to cut out the star from cardboard and apply the glitter, etc. I did my first one using scrapbook paper and I think I may like the book pages better. Will try that for my second attempt. I plan to make about 5 of these, I think.

So! This week! Here are my intended projects:

- Finish sewing up owl tape measure project
- Finish knitting second square to donate
- Finish 1st paper/glitter ornament
- Giraffe ornament, not sure of pattern yet, have to draw one but I'm thinking something like this:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/8799417...erest&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share

Will have to see what I can come up with. I can sometimes find good patterns by searching free clipart, then printing and tracing. We will see! But one of my closest friends luuuuuuuves giraffes, so this will be a great gift for her this year!

- Make a trip to Hobby Lobby for a few supplies so I can continue down my list of projects! I'm running out of certain colors of felt and it is on sale this week! :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
The little felt ornaments are so cute.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Not much to report. Not feeling well last night. I did practice blanket stitch and satin stitch for a few minutes and feel like I can do both of those now.

But no actual project work done.

Heading to Hobby Lobby on lunch today to get some supplies! :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks for the well wishes! I am finally starting to feel back to normal. Went to the gym last night and tried to "burn" through some of my fog. Part of what I am suffering from recently is allergies, I think.

Anyway, I did get some work done last night. Drafted and cut patterns for dog and giraffe ornaments, then traced the pieces out on the felt colors, and got those cut out too.

Now I have all the pieces, buttons, beads, ribbons, etc. for each project in their own respective little sandwich baggies, waiting to be worked on.

Still need to finish sewing up the owl project, etc. :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Okay!

Finished sewing up owl project!

Finished first paper/glitter ornament and I am in lurrrrve with it! :) Will have to make an extra one for us to keep! So that makes 1 down, 5 to go!

Started sewing the giraffe ornament. Got all the little spots sewn on the front piece...

Goals this weekend:

- Finish knitting square
- Finish giraffe ornament
- Draft pattern for monkey ornament, cut out pieces

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
All 3 of my kids are in Florida with my parents until a couple of days before the 4th. I have made 3 wreaths, framed a 4th subway print, and I'm working on a knitted drawstring bag for my kindle fire at the moment. I have high hopes for lots of crafting time in the next few weeks. Hopefully more work on the craft room reorganization and design project, too. AND, my hubby got me some really cool bookshelves with cubbies at Ikea for Mother's Day! :D I'm still waiting not too patiently for him to get a chance to put them together.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
AuntJ, you are doing so good!

CS, so glad to see you posting!!! Have been missing you. You are rocking with the kids gone! You will have so much done by the time they get home

I am shaking my vanilla. Hard work!

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
Hi everybody! It has been quite a while since I've posted. I'm glad to be back! My son got married 2 weeks ago and that took a lot of work but so much fun! I also changed jobs earlier in the year and that was an adjustment as well. It has been such a positive change for me though. Now I'm ready to get back into the swing of things. Right now I am not sure what I'm going to work on. I know I need to straighten up my sewing room first. I love your ornaments Aunt J. Thanks for the links. I have to try them!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Love It!!! SD is back posting with us too! Glad to see you and that the changes were positive. Jaymee was married a yr. in May and yes you are so glad to have it over!

I also think with CIJ getting closer people start kicking into gear! I need to.