Crafters Challenge March 23rd-28th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello, and Welcome to another week!!! Almost 1/4 of the year is about over!!!! I hemmed a shirt last night that Jaymee cut off from a onesie and didn't get time to hem with Teigan up. I did it last night when grandpa and her played.

I need to start working on my CIJ ornaments. The one I have picked out not sure if it will be to big so need to try one.

Then still planning the quilts that I am doing for Christmas.

What is on your list?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished crocheting the piano scarf today! Now I need pull in the thousands of loose ends and see if I add some fringe or not.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Hi All!

Well, I have quite a list, as usual but did manage to complete the zoo book front cover and started on a March fairy CCS chart. I've ordered backing and batting for the quilt, so when it comes, I'll have more to do on that project. In the meantime, I could start the quilting of the pillow shams. We'll see.

• *Craftermath Control
    *Easter chicken wall hanging (hand stitch the binding)
    *Bear Paw king size quilt [waiting on fabric and batting order]
    *Placemats for June wedding and October BD [waiting on fabric order]
    *Bordered placemats for me [4 more ready for quilting and finishing]
    *Summer sweater for DGD (April BD)
    *March fairy CCS
    *Zoo book back cover (CCS)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Crafts

I'm still here. I love reading all about everyone's creativity.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Hi All!

Happy Rudy Day!

Murphy’s Law is alive and well in my studio!
I'm definitely experiencing a crafting challenge this week! After repeated measuring, cutting, cutting and measuring of some placemats, I finally have 4 placemats successfully pieced and ready to sandwich with the backs. Pieces are cut for the next 6, and I hope and pray that they fit together properly! As it turns out, and no fault of my cutting fiasco I don't think, I will need a little more fabric for the binding on some of the placemats. I do have enough fabric for the coordinating napkins (assuming I cut them right). One of my many learning experiences in this project is not to purchase fabric with a print that needs to be squared up. The prints are never square!

I haven’t tackled any Rudy Day projects as yet. It’s probably just as well. I might try some Christmas motif CCS this evening though.

Anyway, here’s a little show-and-tell (please let me know if these links don't work):

Happy crafting!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got Teigans name embroidered on the back of the John Deere cloth book. I should of used my machine because my handiwork looks bad. I haven't did that type of work in quite awhile. Have to sew all pages together now.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Working on making myself crochet yoga socks (no heels, no toes) with leftover cotton wool. Now I need to go on youtube and figure out how to do some ribbing at the top with needles... just don't remember. Not good with needles.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Yoga socks are done.. not satisfied with the cuff but they'll do. Put a pic on my blog. Tomorrow I need to start a new craft.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Socks look nice, Lucie. You are moving right along this year too with crafts.

I ordered a new template this a.m. for quilts and later today we will head over to a couple fabric stores for some items for crafts. You know I am good at buying the items to make stuff.............then just doing it. Some of the items I am buying will be for a baby shower gift and will do washcloths, burp rags and maybe a few pee pee tepees. Possibly a hooded towel.