Crafters Challenge May 11th-17th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Happy Mother's Day!

Last night I got a hat cut out for Teigan. I also cut out 3 burp rags, 2 bibs, and 3 washcloths to make up for the neighbor couple who are expecting this month. I have known the guy forever. (his mom use to babysit for us and then I worked with her at the bank here in town, use to buy clothes from her for Ryan and Jaymee). Sorry guess you didn't need the history on that!

I will get those items done and then also be working on my CIJ ornaments.

jaymee is making barefoot sandals and selling them. She has made some headbands for Teigan too.

What are the plans for your crafting week?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished redoing the sides & ends of my african-flower scarf a few minutes ago :). It was all hexagons and the sides were rolling in. I filled in the triangles on each side so now it's a regular rectangular scarf and nothing rolls in. I like it much better.
Still need to pain the orange-crate but don't know if it'll happen this week as this is the week we are going to NY. Next week, I'll be back to normal.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!

I'm making progress on the embroidery of the pillow cover...I'm down to the straight lines that border the design in the middle. A little over half way down with yellow border but I don't think I have enough bright blue floss left to do that border line - so I need to make it to a craft store soon.

I also need to return to the felt ornaments - haven't touched them in a while since I've been focusing on this pillow. I was in the home stretch on those so hope to finish those up soon too!

Then I need to regroup on Christmas related gifts for this year. The more I stare at our budget for the rest of this year, the more I am trying to find places to trim. I had originally slated our Christmas budget to be fairly high this year - but now plan to scale back.

The more I can DIY the better!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I try to make the DIY gifts I choose fit the person for sure - I'm struggling for good ideas a bit this year though.

In trying to avoid repeats, that is :)

My habit is to handcraft ornaments for several people on my list, but for most of those folks we gift a bit more than that and I need to find some good ideas.

I did find a tutorial for making a fabric sunglasses case that looks easy enough. I'm thinking of making several, one for each of the ladies on my list.

Beyond that...still surfing Pinterest - lol

I finished the yellow border lines on the pillowcase last night and put in a fair amount of time on one of the felt ornaments. I'm in the home stretch on that one which is nice.

A new JoAnn's opened on our side of town today and I'm hoping to swing in there to pick up some embroidery floss I need for the pillowcase and some ribbon I need to finish (hang) the ornaments.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
AuntJ, it is hard to come up with ideals. Our Joanns is like 50 minutes away but Hobby Lobby is to open in 2 or 3 weeks about 20 minutes away.

Yesterday I did Teigans hat. It was easy. I am thinking it will be to big tho. I got 3 washcloths done for the neighbor. Hoping to finish neighbors stuff up this week-end.

Bath salts, pot holders from scraps, if you sew on sweatshirts people like those and get them when on clearance after winter, scarfs from scraps a few ideals.