Crafters Challenge November 23rd-29th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello My Friends!!!

Sorry such a late start on this for the week!

Katrina, the bows are SUPER nice!

DD, you are making quite the progress!

I am off on vacation this week so hoping everyday to work on alittle of something here and there. LOTS I would like to do.

I have 2 stockings, more wreath ornaments to crochet, scrubbies to crochet, towels to try, felt ornaments to do, hooded bath towels and potholders.

What is on everybodys list to yet?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

I'm making surprisingly good progress on the quilt. It could definitely be done in time for company arriving for Christmas (it's for the re-decorated guest room). I'm focusing on it and DH's afghan, but have more to consider:
  • Exchange Christmas cards
    ~Sign
    ~Address
    ~Stamp
    ~Mail
  • Starch doilies (gift for DFriend)
  • Make Castle CCS motif into ornament (for DGD)
  • Family recipe pot holders
    ~Locate and scan recipes
    ~Print recipes on fabric
    ~Make potholders
  • Placemats for DDs (2 sets of 4)
  • Knight CCS (for DSonIL)

I doubt these will be done for this year ...
  • Wedding champagne cork wreath (for DD#2 ... could make it an anniversary gift in July)
    ~Find the right wire
    ~Have DH drill holes
    ~String corks and beads
    ~Embellish with ribbon, etc.
  • Pillow for Shirley
    [This is a UFO. Not really needed for this year as I have other items in my gift closet I could give her, but really should finish this one up.]
  • Nature’s Harmony CCS motif I work on when I have time (for DD#1 someday)

Not to mention cleaning, cooking, decorating, baking cookies, writing holiday letter, preparing and sending Christmas cards, shopping, wrapping, attending holiday gatherings ... and we're having new carpeting installed on Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Oh, I'm getting stressed ... I'll think about it "tomorrow".

We have designated Sunday night is a "no TV" night. I usually do some evening crafting while watching TV, and my good craft light is in that room. Therefore, Sunday is usually a no-crafting night too. I try to catch up on some reading or surf around the internet.

Last edited:

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hello all! I've been out of the loop again for a while due to general craziness. More troubles on the home construction front mean we will not be home for Christmas this year. I could just cry. But trying to keep my chin up!

I've ruthlessly slashed my remaining craft projects for gifts this year - putting off the more complicated things (or things already packed!) off as things I'll make/give next year.

Between now and Christmas my main crafting focus will be on making various types of felt food to go with the gender neutral play kitchen I've ordered for DS. He loves to help me in the kitchen and has so enjoyed other play kitchens at preschool, etc. that I think this will be perfect as his "big" gift this year.

I've made a good start on felt foods - have traced and cut out pieces for a whole slew of things. So far I've completed:

- 2 doughnuts with sprinkles
- 2 pancakes that have their own "syrup with butter" he can put on or take off

Next up:

- 2 more doughnuts
- Apple slices
- Banana that goes in and out of a "peel"
- Bacon slices
- Egg
- Pear

Once I get through these I plan to some slices of "cake" and whatever else I can manage.

The nice thing about these projects is that each one is fairly quick and easy and I have all the supplies I need for now. :) Can't beat that!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Very nice work AuntJamelle!

I finished the machine quilting and will move on to finish the binding and work on the pillow shams. I had originally entertained the idea of doing some hand quilting on the quilt, but I may change my mind. The fabric I used is from Hobby Lobby and although I fell in love with the print, I don't think the quality of the fabric really warrants the additional time and effort involved in hand quilting. I think it looks pretty good the way it is. The colors are great with the wall color and the antique yellow furniture. DH is working this evening on the antiquing of the little corner shelf and the bell pull. We're getting very close to completing this project. We had estimated it would take two weeks. HA! It's a good thing we started right away.

And, I got the 8 rows knit on the afghan today. I nearly didn't work on it, which would have been okay, since I'm ahead of schedule, however, I may need the extra time more as time slips away.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
DD, sounds like you are making progress. Would love to see a picture of your quilt when it is done.

AuntJ, your book is nice! I hope to make felt food in the future when Teigan gets older. NEED to start it now.

Yesterday my great niece and I started the reindeer food. Have 82 bags filled but have to put the glitter in and then tie and attach the saying. Other words them more time consuming stuff on them!!!

Sewed a few minutes on pot holders yesterday but hope to really work on some stuff later today after an appt. and some shopping.

Keep on a shopping!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Started a Santa tissue box cover in crochet last night (for the bathroom) ... no pattern so it's trial and error. Tonight I'll be able to finish the black section (belt).

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thank you for the nice compliments on the notebook cover! :)

I finished a felt "apple slice" last night and 1 "egg" sunnyside up

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
Finished cutting the strips for garland,,started toeing them on this morning.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings and Happy Thanksgiving!

AuntJ ~ I've thought about making felt food for DGD for several years now. I just have never gotten into it. I thing she would have had lots of fun with it. Don't know if she's getting too old now (5). Probably not, but I'd have to get crackin'.

luludou ~ You must be very good at crocheting. I always need a pattern or a tutorial ... for everything!

Lana ~ Love hooded towels! I remember (30 years ago!) having them for DDs, and they were wonderful. You must lave lots of reindeer! LOL

I thought I'd finish hand stitching the binding on the quilt while watching football on Thanksgiving, however, it somehow got done early! Next is to make pillow shams. The piecing of the shams is done, so I need to add borders, make quilt sandwich, machine quilt them, add pillow back, bind, DONE! I will probably need to buy a little more fabric for the backing of the quilt sandwich and/or the pillow back. We're getting so close to being able to put the guest bedroom all together. Getting carpeting on Tuesday. DH still needs to paint some trim boards which will be put back after carpeting.

So far, keeping up with the knitting schedule.