Crafter's Challenge November 26th---December 2nd, 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Here we are into the last month of the year!

I have the same left to do:

salt and lotion ---- they will get done closer to time and Teigan will do them

few ornaments ---working on them

and still haven't located my books to sew

What are your plans?

Happy Crafting!!!

Reactions: jampss

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Plan to finish decorating this week. Re doing all my floral stuff.
I had some pictures printed on fabric that are supposed to arrive Tuesday. Finally making the ornaments for my cousin and her daughter. Want to finish them this week so I can gift them when I see her before Christmas.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I will be making some apple butter and pumpkin butter for gifts.

As for the knitting and crocheting - what is done is done and what is not is for next year!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I have a couple things left to make for Christmas gifts: Sonja's cuddle throw and a project bag for a friend. Well, I do have another friend, too, that I should dream something up for.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am finished for now. What I did not get done will have to roll over to next year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I was home sick yesterday so I started the crocheted edge on a face washer. It took me hours to get the holes through the thick edge. I will need to google an easier way.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
I was home sick yesterday so I started the crocheted edge on a face washer. It took me hours to get the holes through the thick edge. I will need to google an easier way.
Were you trying to use the crochet hook?
Try using an upholstery needle as they are meant to go through thick fabric. My grandmother also used a needle with the thread she was going to use and do a blanket stitch around the edge. From there she used those stitches to do her crochet edges.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
When I was crocheting hangers on towels I took long nails spaced along a 2 x 4 piece of wood. Then I pushed the edges of the towel so the nails made the holes. A little hard to push it down but made it easier with holes.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Birthday card for DD is done. Was the last item I needed to take care of for the year. I have a few things I would like to make for me including the socks I am working on. Will continue to work on them and the other items I will work on them as I have time as they are nothing I need done right away.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Interesting conversation. I am considering crocheting around dish cloths and make into potholders for the 12 Days of Christmas swap next year. So I better think on it, huh?
Is the 12 Days of Christmas swap on this forum? I wasn't able to find any information about it in my search.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Were you trying to use the crochet hook?
Try using an upholstery needle as they are meant to go through thick fabric. My grandmother also used a needle with the thread she was going to use and do a blanket stitch around the edge. From there she used those stitches to do her crochet edges.
I cannot believe I made things so hard for myself. I gave up after doing two sides, I needed a rest LOL Rookie error. Thanks for the tip, I will try the needle tonight.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
When I was crocheting hangers on towels I took long nails spaced along a 2 x 4 piece of wood. Then I pushed the edges of the towel so the nails made the holes. A little hard to push it down but made it easier with holes.
I should have asked you ladies first. I had no idea. Thank you

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
My fabric order came, well 1/2 of it came. Meeting cousin next Thursday so I was wanting to get the ornaments done. I sent an email, they are going to express the rest of my order. The one photo did not turn out like I had hoped so it’s on to plan B for that. These after thought gifts always have issues. I guess this is why I make my major gifts in January lol. It’s not a big deal if they aren’t done. I’ll go as far as I can with what I have and hope the rest arrives by the start of the week.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
The 12 Days of Christmas is thru another forum. Use to be thru the HGTV forums and had to stop it so they went into their own forum. Sewing group called Circle of Friends is where it is at now. Been in it since early 2000's when it was HGTV.

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I finished the second half of the washer in record time, it's easy when you know how. Now to start the design.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I finished the second half of the washer in record time, it's easy when you know how. Now to start the design.
Do you have a photo of your washer? Is that a washcloth?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Do you have a photo of your washer? Is that a washcloth?
Yes, it is a washcloth. We call them washers (we say some weird stuff). I have finished the first round now need to decide what to do as the design of the edge.

Attachments

• 7EFC5A24-B287-4C08-9356-DF46CF65040F.jpeg
    7EFC5A24-B287-4C08-9356-DF46CF65040F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5