Crafters Challenge November 9th-15th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Another new week has dawned!!!!!

I did get a few more things done last week so I am making good progress-but more to go!

I was at Goodwill a couple times last week and did find some material both times. Not gobs like some people seem to find but a couple yards here and there. For the quilts for doll cribs and cradles that I signed up to do for the "Get Your Mrs. Claus On" for 2015. Would love to start something up in my area but just don't know how to do it all.

I will continue working on crafts here and there with cleaning house this week.

What are your crafting plans?

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Crafts 2014

"Get Your Mrs. Claus On" --- that's cute!!

Well, I worked on the Warm Up America blanket for donation some last Friday and Saturday evenings. Finished a crochet dish cloth. But sigh ... that's it. Trying to figure out if I want to try the Minion fingerless gloves for DNiece 21 ... have to go buy the yarn.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
Made myself a berry bowl last night,,,
Finishing glass.
Work on a new christmas garland,,,,I make it out of brown twine and cut up material. I try to use christmas colors,,,but any will work.
Just cut the material in short strips and tie them around the twine, push them together and it starts to form a garland. When I start I'll take a picture. Very old fashioned looking. I saw them in a heritage display and thought I can make that! Easy to do at night watching tv.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
P.A., is it a rag Garland? seems like you are describing that. I will do a rag Garland at some point in time (mayb next year).

Lana - lovely ornaments and necklaces.

I don't think I will do anything crafty in the upcoming weeks (I want to decorate), but I want to do a painting for the guest room at some point.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
jampss, nice going on the blanket. How long have you been doing them? Dish cloth for gift or yourself?

p.a., rag garlands are pretty. Bet your bowl is too.

Lucie, what will the picture be to paint in guest room?

I have 18 scrubbies crocheted. And will get some more tulle. I will keep one that I have used the odd and ends on. They crochet up so fast. I did 8 yeatersay and 3 at work. Lunch. Not the pattern I wanted to try but I like it.

Will take crocheting today and work on some wreaths.

Trying out a potholder pattern I am going to try to do for some gifts too.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lana, the Ocean is the next painting... I might try on a small canvas before doing it on the big one.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
I'm going to say a rag garland. I've never heard the proper name for them but it suits them
Done my glass!!! Load off. I spent all of wed doing the finishing touches. I can procrastinate like the best of them. I'll take a picture of my table to show you guys.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

I'm late to the party this week.

Rag garlands are great though I have never made one. Seems like it would be very time-consuming. I did make one with yo-yos one year. That was time-consuming also.

I was able to do quite a bit of knitting on DH's afghan yesterday as I traveled to/from a crafting festival with a friend. Not so much today though. Did get my CCS wall hanging finished up this morning. I still need to find some nice dowel ends for the hanger. DH is going to help me scout some out. The hardware store might be able to order some. Seems like it would be cheaper than paying shipping on a couple of 10 cent items.

The craft festival was fun. I thought we would spend a couple hours there, but it was more like 5. I called DH at about 4 p.m., and he was quite surprised when I said "We're just finishing up the first floor." It was great to go with a friend who was in no bigger hurry than I was.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Finished up the baby gifts and dgs's blanket for Christmas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I went with my mum to a craft store about 20 minutes from us. It was a spur of the moment trip as we were out doing something else. Try as I might I could not remember what was on my to do list for next year so I did not buy any materials for those items. I ended up buying a few more bits and pieces. I really need to sit down when all the "craziness" of Christmas is over and make huge lists.
The after Christmas sale should be a great place to pick up supplies.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
Home from craft show :/. It was awful, hardly any people. Sold a few things but not worth it. Oh well lesson learned. I took a few pictures , not sure how to post them. I have a glass class tomorro so I will try to post them tomorro nite

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
Evening everyone,,,,just posted on the crafters challenge. The craft show was a bust. Very few people. A lot of vendors to. Told my dds to pick out whatever they needed for gifts. Helps them out.

Just going to wave at everyone, been a long day.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
P.a.-Sorry to hear you didn't have a successful show. I'll bet your DDs appreciate the help.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007

Hope this works

Last edited:

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
Can't the other picture to post

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

Well, we're redecorating a guest bedroom and I've decided that one of my UFO quilts would look much better in that room than what I have in there now. With that in mind, I'd really love to have it done before guests arrive for Christmas. I don't know if I can do it, but I'm going to try. I could do it if I didn't have anything else to do.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
jampss, nice going on the blanket. How long have you been doing them? Dish cloth for gift or yourself?
Trying out a potholder pattern I am going to try to do for some gifts too.
Our homeschooling group has done the blankets since 2007. The dish cloths are for gifts although, I need to make me some, too!