Crafter's Challenge October 1st---October 7th, 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome Welcome to October!!!

What are your plans for this week?

Teigan knows that every year I do the seasoning salt and lotion, so the other day she said grandma I would like to make your Christmas salt and lotion with you.

She said you aren't doing vanilla this year because we aren't shaking any. I need to get beans ordered and get some made for next year. I like to start it on the 1st of the year and let it sat about twelve months. Can make it in alot less time but I do it this way, when I make it. Vanilla beans have really went up in prices the last few years. (like everything, right?)

Happy Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greeting!

Sweet that Teigan wants to help with your annual gifts.

I ended up making a Minky-Cuddle throw blanket for Iris yesterday. I was watching videos and brainstorming how I would do it, so just gave it a try and ended up with a finished blanket. Funny how that works.

This week I'd like to get back to the CCS Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit motif, a table runner for DD#2 for her BD (I need to purchase interfacing for it), and Sonja's Storm at Sea wall hanging (ready to be sandwiched and quilted). I've got a knit doll blanket on my needles for any "down" crafting time (in the car or when I just don't want to work on anything else).

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Still will be working on the CCS Christmas house. It is taking a little longer as there is no pattern and I am just stitching it from a printed picture.

• Love
Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I got the sealant and frame for my diamond painting, and after they came I watched several YouTube videos to learn how to do it. I should have watched before - mod podge seems to be the most popular sealant…and I bet it’s much less expensive. Good to know going forward. I haven’t had time to get it done yet…I’m knee deep in legos. 3 sets disassembled and re-bagged since Monday.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I finished the table runner for DD#2 Wednesday and started a knit throw for a charity. I have so many more sewing projects to tackle, but it's good to get one done!