Crafters Challenge October 26th-November 1st

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Ladies, you notice the date?!?!?!?!?

I tell you this time REALLY does fly!

I am still working with the necklaces. Trying to let it dry between a couple steps really good so.....

For Christmas I have the following to do:

2 stockings

a baby doll quilt (unless for her 12-6 b'day)

maybe 2 memory games from fabric

ornaments for family and friends

quilt to finish for Teigan (a bigger firemen one)

lotion that I give (called the miracle cream)

Will do the reindeer treats for family, friends grandkids and also co-workers kids and grandkids and I do for my nieces family and then for Jaymees MIL students (1st and 2nd graders). Normally 60-75 bags

Every year we say we will cut down the candy/cookie trays and seems we add more. I need to do more cookies rather than all the chocolate.

I am probably forgetting something but this is what I know I have to work on.

What is your list for Christmas to do yet?

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I did a big yikes yesterday when I realized it was the October Rudy day already. I still have on my list
Raggedy Anne - body cut and embroidery done need to sew stuff and make clothes
Busy book pages - patterns printed, at the design stage now.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

Yep, time is getting short!

I've been planning to make a ruffle skirt for DGD for some time, but was having trouble deciphering the directions I found.
These directions seem more clear, so when I get the stretchy yarn (already have the Starbella), and the measurements, I can give it a go.

I’ll also be working on DH’s afghan (when he’s not around), a lacy knit scarf, and probably some CCS this week.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Will be working on DD tutu for her costume for a party on Friday night. I need to glue red rhinestones around the edge of the tulle. Hopefully I can do that while watching TV in the evenings.
Still have not started hair bows for drilldance team but will get to that soon.
Am just about to pull fabric tote out of cupboard and see what I have in there, I would like to make some pillow slips and put a crochet lace edge on them.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I am finishing up another baby gift. Then, I hope to get started on the Christmas sewing. Most of my shopping is done, hallelujah! It would be wonderful to have it all done by Thanksgiving!

I saw something on a blog. Using a cut off jeans leg and making a 'basket' of sorts out of it. You sew the sides and bottom of it. Roll the top down a couple of times and decorate it if you want. Thought that would be cute for the grandsons.

Now, back to the machine.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished first hairbow for drilldance team. One down 14 more to make.
Pictures in my album.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WTG Katrinia!

Allen figured out an easier way for the washer necklaces so that will be moving faster. Waiting for all the coats to dry will be the longest. Then each step we are learning so....
Thankful Allen is a helper! :) :) :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks Lana. I am pleased with how it turned out and the kids loved it.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ Nice that Allen is such a good assistant. DH helps me a lot as well.

Sweetpumkinpye ~ How long does it take to make each hair bow? I've done some knit lace on pillowcases which I really like. I put them on a guest bed on two occasions but received no comments on them, so I guess I should just use them myself and not worry about guests.

Speaking of guests ... DH and I are redecorating one of our guest bedrooms. He just put the final coat of paint on it today, and will be painting shutters, trim and re-finishing a small table/shelf. My jobs are to make the fabric panels for the shutters, make a new bed skirt, brainstorm ideas for embellishing 4 large closet doors (thinking of a hummingbird wallpaper border), and make some CCS bird motifs into a wall hanging. I've also found a couple of wall hangings from Pier 1 that I think would look good in that room. There is a quilt on the bed, but I'm working on another one that I think I will like better, but it won't be done for a while. The carpet man is coming on Friday so we can select carpeting and find out if it can be installed before Christmas. I have a small curio-cabinet that matches the bedroom furniture, so I might need to find a few "curios" to put in it ... or maybe I have stuff around the house to donate.

In the meantime, I have finished the sapphire scarf, and nearly finished knitting a doily before seeing a dropped stitch. Tonight I'll be frogging and beginning again. I've managed some time away from DH to do some knitting on an afghan for him. And, I've put in some time on a king size quilt I'm making for DD. Might sound like a lot, but remember, I'm a retired empty-nester. Crafting is my busy-ness.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DahliaDoll, each bow takes about 15 minutes. The time consuming part is ironing the blue strip of fabric (which I pre prepared) onto the yellow ribbon. After that construction us quick.

I would start using your nice linen for you. The guest don't deserve it, you do.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
DD, I would love to have your busy-ness! I keep thinking someday I will be there! The staying home part. Or just my crap together and then more time to play.

Your machine you said you got at Wal-Mart. Now when you embroidery where do you get your design from? Can you use the ones that you can just order? I have a Viking that I got like maybe 14 yrs ago or so but I have to have a special card to put in, and the piece that I could of gotten to pull all designs is no longer made (a card reader). Would love to have a babylock but not in my cards at this time. Jaymee orders fealties for hair clips and would love to make them.

Everybody is doing good.

I crocheted some scrubbies yesterday a.m.. 25 yards of tulle does like 3 complete ones and the first round on 2. So with HL coupon they cost about 60 cents to do.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Hi, everybody! Are any of you doing anything for Hallowe'en? We have a track meet at school and then we'll be taking the littles to see my mom, all dressed up in their finery. Then my older girls will be taking the kids around for trick-or-treating. I don't know if I'll go or stay home to hand out treats. I'd love the time alone but hate to miss it.

I've been working on several projects- finishing touches on costumes, both for tonight and for school. Our 1st grader's school REALLY gets into spirit week and I had to step up my game. And my senior is Charlotte Lucas in her school play and needs period costumes. I've been making over a couple of dresses and shoes from the second hand store. A few for little tweaks and I should be done. I also made a skirt for a gift, bean bags and blankets for shoe boxes and I finally got started on the hair accessories. I'll put up pics of the ones I have done and snap some of the kids when they get all dressed up. Oh, and I'm moving my list up to keep me focused.

Katrina- I love your hairbows!
DJ- You'll have to put up pics of the room.
Deidre- I love the bouquet!

HAGD, everybody!

Chris

KNIT
*knit blankets
--Cady [x]
--Connor [x]
--Carly [x]
--Madi [x]
--Kevy [x]
--Tabatha [x]
--Nathaniel [x]
--Bryce [x]
--Pam&Charlie []
*washcloths [x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x][][]
*facecloths [x][x][x][x][x][]
*knitted hats [][][][][][]
*teacher scarf [x]
*infinity scarves [x][]

SEW
*denim rag quilts
--Ben []
--Seth []
*tree quilts
--R&J []
--J&S []
*hot wheels holder [x]
*cuddle monsters [x][x][x][x][x][x]
*robot toys[]
*charger holders [][][][][][]
*lavender sachets [x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x]
*fabric crowns [x][x][x]
*capes [x][x][x][x]
*circle skirts
--Madi [][]
--Cady [x][]
--Carly [][]
*beanbags [x][x][x][x][x][x][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
*bottle bags [][][][]

MISC
*para-cord bracelets [x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x]
*para-cord key fobs [x][x][x][x][x][x][x]
*hair bows-
--fish [x][x][x][][][]
--butterflies [][][][]
--ladybugs [x][x][x][x][x][x]
--Christmas trees [x][][]
*love sign [][][]
*word signs [][][]
*necklace []
*door knocker []
*sundae kits [][][][]
*advent calendar-tags [] board []

non- Christmas
*pencil skirt for Jo []
*tooth fairy pillows [][]
*Cady costume- Pocahontas [x]
*Carly- Little Red Riding Hood [x]
*Connor- Mr Fox [x]
*turn dress into top [x] fix sash [x]
*revamp dresses for play [x][] shoes [][]
*hem Christmas child blankets [x][x]
*poodle skirt [x]

Last edited:

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Okay, I put up pics of the hairclips and the kids. I apologize for the bad quality on the hairclip pics- I just can't get a good picture at night. Too much glare from the flash.

Chris

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I went to the craft store and got some materials for projects I want to try for next year. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning out my craft cupboard and writing lists of what I might need to complete any UFOs. So,not much crafting but an enjoyable afternoon.