Crafters Challenge September 2nd-8th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to September! I sure hope we have a fall this year before jumping right into winter!

You gals were a BUSY bunch last week! WTG!

I have found some patterns of a few things I have been looking for while I am cleaning in my room so happy with that. (when moving a room and half Or 3/4 out don't know where most is).

What are the plans on your crafting table for this week? Can't wait to see and hear!

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Here's some seeing for you Lana.

These are the three Bindle Bags. DD#1 wanted one with a cross-body strap for ease of carrying it.

Here are the three flannel nap blankets for Julia.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
It's going to be a busy week for me, so I'm not sure what I'll be able to accomplish craft-wise. I'll have time in the evenings, so maybe I'll try to get started on the felt Christmas stocking kit and start another knitting project. I'll also probably be able to squeeze in some time for another Advent mitten or two.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
DD,Thank you for sharing love the bags and especially the flower material. Kinda like the Japanese Knot bags I made a few of a few years back.
The blankets are cute love the forest material.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
This week I would like to get the top for me finished. The fabric for a skirt washed and the nightgown for DGD cut out. Want to also get a swiffer crochet cover finish and another one done. Getting these done will mark another Christmas gift off my list.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DJ, I love those bags, amazing work.
I am hoping to work on a few more snowmen. Now that I have made one I have a better idea of how to go about it.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DJ that is beautiful! I want to continue working on cones and my knitting

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks everyone!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
DJ - Absolutely BEAUTIFUL work! I love them all!
Rose94 - Great job on getting swiffer pads done!!!

I finished felt broccoli florets this weekend - wrapped up all the things I made so that it's ready for birthday party next weekend! :)

Also finished felt cupcake ornament - although I want to make some sort of little embellishment for it still - a bow or maybe a little felt flower - think it will give it a necessary final touch.

Did some work on mini embroidery hoop ornament set I am making for a friend. Finished embroidery on two hoops (out of 5) - but need to hot glue the pom pom trim around the outside to finish them.

With the power out last night I ended up hanging a strong work flashlight from my normal work lamp so I could have light to work by for a while - I was NOT going to lose a whole evening's worth of crafting time! lol

Hoping to finish Travel Wee project this week and continue work on the mini embroidery hoop ornaments.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thank you! When I finally sat down at 10:30PM last night I had my burlap ribbon ready to start working on and I just couldn't - was SO tired! Ended up putting it away and just going to bed!

Hopefully I'll get some time in tonight!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I ordered the wool blend felt I need for the felt campfire playset for DS - so excited! I already had the browns for the "logs" but I needed oranges and yellow for the "flames" - can't wait to get started on that!

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
The top didn’t get finished the other night. Machine sewing and button holes are done. A bit of hand sewing and the buttons to go. Hopefully tonight. Had a bunch of paperwork that I needed to take care of. I did take time to cut out a couple pieces of doll clothes.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Our Wal-Mart is changing the fabric department again. Years ago went from big to zinch and now back to alittle. There last night and 90% of the bolts were on clearance and they are going to more precut pieces and either less or no bolts (lady wasn't sure) . I buy very little there but at times a fabric speaks to me--always go thru that aisle.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Our Walmart still has a pretty hefty craft section - a couple of aisles at least including one full one of fabric. It beckons me always but I already have so much and I haven't been using it - my crafts have been more felt focused vs. fabric. I use bits and pieces here and there - want to start using more!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

Hope this works.
First snowman, a bit rough but hoping the next one is better

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Katrina ~ The ornament is darling. I've seen that one before, and you've done a lovely job with it.

Started knitting another prayer shawl. We are at the lake, and I have fabrics for the lake loft quilt with me in the case I want to do some sewing.