Crafters Challenges Jan. 9~15th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Hey everyone!!
We have been snowed/iced in here for the past three days, so I've had some good quality crafting time.

Last week I started a class to learn to knit socks. So far so good! Since we were snowed out on our regular class day this week, the teacher is meeting us on Friday to help us start the next part. So far I am loving knit socks! I think several of my friends and family will be getting socks for gifts this year.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Jampss, and any who would post asking me a question~~~for some reason this thread does not pop up on my screen when I come on and click new posts. It use to and I haven't did anything that I know of. I have to go look at todays postings to see it.

Jampss, I think it should show up at http://www.sewthankful.com
free patterns were listed down along the left side column. I got one for cozies, yo-yo key chain and there is one for 2 sizes of clutch wallets. Let me know if you don't find it.

Carol, good way to get stuff done when snowed in. Wish I didn't have to get out in it. Neat class.

Okay, the site is http://www.sewthankful.com?media/TracyPatterns?Scrunchies?ScrunchiePattern.pdf

but when I came out and went in said you had to be signed in. I did join her and get e-mails about stuff. So Jampss you can join and get newsletters and such or I can e-mail the pattern.

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Sniff Sniff

Jampss - I'm a FL girl too and love to crochet! And "yes", it's been terribly cold here this winter. Just no snow.
Yes, yesterday I saw that we were the ONLY state in the union not to receive snow. Even Hawaii had some on their mountains!! My DS7 was sad!!! LOL

:fireplace:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Thanks!

Jampss, I am very impressed on how you are moving. Way to go girl!!!

Thanks, you're sweet. I usually get a big desire to craft right after Christmas, but somewhere in the spring and summer ... I forget! LOL

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Hmmmmmmmmmm

Jampss, and any who would post asking me a question~~~for some reason this thread does not pop up on my screen when I come on and click new posts. It use to and I haven't did anything that I know of. I have to go look at todays postings to see it.

but when I came out and went in said you had to be signed in. I did join her and get e-mails about stuff. So Jampss you can join and get newsletters and such or I can e-mail the pattern.

Hmmm, computer and sites can sure be frustrating sometimes. Not sure what is going on there.

Thanks, I'll go check it out!! I also like Lion Brand free patterns!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Knitting!

Last week I started a class to learn to knit socks.

I crochet, but I always thought knitting socks would be "neat"! Have fun and keep warm!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Having Fun!

Updated: 1-13-11

{X,__} Old Christmas Card Basket (DSister, ???) DONE
http://www.allfreecrafts.com/christmas/card-basket.shtml

{X,X} Crochet Old Card Ornaments (2 Friends) 2 DONE
http://www.allcrafts.net/projects/Crochet-Christmas-Card-Ornament.htm

{X, ___, ___} Mittens (3 of DS friends)(Got cranberry mittens done!! Started cuffs of another set!)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80670AD.html?noImages=

I also make crochet squares for blankets throughout the year. Just about a 7" x 9" size. A few of us homeschool moms make them and put them together in a large blanket and then donate it. It's something nice to do when I don't want to read a pattern, just crochet and watch the news or something.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Thanks

It's called "Warm Up, America!"

I haven't heard of: Project Linus

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I started teaching myself(from web articles) to crochet last night. I'm working on a babty size washrag. It is just the chain then SC, actually quite easy...Don't know why I've been so intimadared by crocheting...

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Around here groups of ladies get together either montly or bi-weekly and work on blankets. There is guidelines to follow on them~~I am pretty sure. I work so can never go. The blankets are given to kids due to fires, sickness or tragic times. Has been around several years here.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yea!!

Good going, girlsinmo! I taught myself in about 1982. I still have the booklet ... it has very 1970's orange and brown ponchos to make! LOL

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Cool

Around here groups of ladies get together either montly or bi-weekly and work on blankets. There is guidelines to follow on them~~I am pretty sure. I work so can never go. The blankets are given to kids due to fires, sickness or tragic times. Has been around several years here.

Very nice!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I got my apron pinned, now I need to press and sew and assemble and sew some more. LOL But I got my goal for this week out of the way. Next week my goal will be to sew but I might start this weekend.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good going, girlsinmo! I taught myself in about 1982. I still have the booklet ... it has very 1970's orange and brown ponchos to make! LOL

Thanks it's just 1 stitch but it's a start. I now know how to do the SC stitch...

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I Tried This ...

... yesterday ... it turned out WAY too big! LOL So, I made another and did 36 stitches instead of 40. Still big. I have another one started and I will do 32 stitches!!

Sunshine Stripes Glasses Case
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/BK4K-70419.html

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm really more of a paper crafter and scrapbooker, but love other crafts as well. Tonight I finally jumped in and played with the 3D objects on my cricut. I was testing out some pieces we want to use at my daughters party. I used scratch paper just to practice, so the final projects will be alot larger and in black most likely. I ran out of glue dots, so they're kind of flobby, but I did post them at snap fish. I dont know how to do the direct upload, so I'll have to try it that way. If it doesn't work, let me know. I think my daughters going to be pretty happy when she wakes up. I also found some great party napkins on clearance today at Hobby Lobby and they also have Black Chandeliers on them.

3D Cricut Projects

Last edited:

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Michelle - those are really neat! I have a cricut but haven't experimented too much yet. I had no idea you could make 3d type cut-outs. Your DD is going to love those.