Cranberry Pie recipes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Anyone make cranberry pie? charlie1980 posted one on OC and it got me wondering if anyone has recipes for them. Never thought about a cranberry pie but it sure sounds good.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I made two pies tonight. Most of the time I follow a recipe to the letter the first time I make it. Tonight I just kind of tossed items together. First I made a Carmel Apple pie. I have to use gluten free crust. The mix made two crusts. I wondered if an apple pie would work without a top crust. Why do I always see a top crust on an apple pie? I figured I'd forget the top crust so I could get two pies out of the package since they cost a bit. I used my regular apple pie recipe, sliced apples, cinnamon sprinkled over the apples, some nutmeg, sprinkled cornstarch and sugar over it. Then topped it with Carmel. Turned out great.

Then Charley1980 (not charlie as I posted earlier) had posted a recipe for Cranberry pie recipe on OC. And the same week Debt Proof Living posted a Cranberry recipe. I had it copied so I sorted followed it. I really didn't measure but just guessed at the amounts and I added dried cranberries with the fresh ones. Next time I add pecans but I didn't have any today.

My favorite pie was Apple but after tonight it might be Cranberry. It was wonderful and I'm adding it to my Thanksgiving and Christmas must makes. I put a little scoop of Vanilla ice cream on top of it. Whip cream would work too. Give it a try if you like Cranberry items.

Debt Proof Living Cranberry Pie Recipe
http://www.debtproofliving.com/rss_articles.asp?ID=38158

Charley1980 Recipe
http://organizedchristmas.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9469&p=130054&hilit=#p130054

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Girl!! Those all sound wonderful. I might try the one from OC, and I think I will put caramel sauce on the list for Thanksgiving to jazz up a storebought apple pie! Hee, hee! No one will be the wiser!! Did I understand that you used the debt free living one? It sounds really good. Thanks! :turkey:

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
My husband loves anything cranberry - so I think I'm going to try the OC recipe this weekend.

My husband will be VERY suprised!

How on earth did I miss this posting on OC!?! :bigsnow: