December family breakfast

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Saturday is our family breakfast. I need to get some things done this week!

Theme: Winter Welcome-redbirds and holly
Table: A cranberry red tablecloth, with my mom's redbird Christmas dishes. I'm still toying with the centerpiece, but right now I'm thinking about spraying some tree branches with spray adhesive and sprinkling with clear glitter, then hot gluing redbirds on the branches. My Christmas tree in the kitchen has redbirds on it, so it'll coordinate. Then, I'll put the branches in a crystal vase or some other container. The only problem is that this may be too tall for the table. If so, then I'll make an arrangement of holly, ivy, candles, maybe some white or red roses...something will come together! Or, I may just leave the centerpiece I did for my tea party-a crystal bowl with red and silver glass balls, sitting on a pedestal cake plate, with an evergreen wreath and red berry wreath under it. It actually looks pretty good.

Menu: still tinkering with this, as well...I'm going to make Noel Spritzers, and probably mock-mosas-oj with sparkling grape juice or ginger ale, served in "crystal" goblets-they are actually from the Dollar Tree! I also have inexpensive champagne flutes I could use, as well as Christmas goblets with holly on them. I have 8 of each of those, so I may use all of them-I'm expecting a crowd this month!

I'm thinking about trying a savory bread pudding...but I haven't made it before. I may wait until January and try it out on my family before serving the big crowd. If I don't do that, we'll just stick with scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, biscuits and gravy, and, just to keep them on their toes-French toast instead of pancakes! LOL!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
It sounds wonderful!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
BTW...what are noel spritzers?

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
Sounds very nice. I love the redbird idea. The country store where I am working has a ton of redbird accessories. I am actually thinking of getting some. I have a bell that was given to me last year that has a redbird on it
Have fun with your breakfast :grin:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
I got my redbirds at Michael's-I have them on my tree in the kitchen, as well. I had the ones on the tree from last year. I bought a dozen new ones yesterday on sale for half price-made them 25 cents each!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Everything went well. We only had 12 people-everyone is so busy these days, plus the older kids (nieces and nephews) have their own things going on--future in laws to see to, babies to tend to, their own shopping to do (instead of Mom doing it for them!), and weddings to plan! We'll be having 2 spring weddings this next year! What fun!

We ate, laughed and were merry!!