Easter 2024

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just a quick reminder that Easter is Sunday March 31st 2024.

Now may be a good time to stock up on things for Easter baskets. I recently got hot chocolate and latte mix satchets that were on sale.
I will put them away with some marshmallows and ginger biscuits as part of DH Easter gift.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
And for those who celebrate Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's day, grab extra red and green solo cups, plates, paper napkins, red and green candies, candles, etc. when they go on clearance. Christmas M&Ms can be separated into red (Valentine's Day) and green (St. Patrick's Day) and used in place of chocolate chips in baking.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Christmas M&Ms can be separated into red (Valentine's Day) and green (St. Patrick's Day) and used in place of chocolate chips in baking.
Lori, what a great idea, I did not even consider this.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Katrina,
I host Easter so literally just looked at the date since it is different every year!
Thank you for the reminder!

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I picked up a few things today for Easter. Easter is at the end of next month and I think it will sneak up on us.
Got DD and DSIL biscuits, chocolate and marshmellows along with toasting forks and a hot choc mix. They can make s'mores one night over the cooler months.
Got the boys microwave puddings to go in their baskets, need a few more things just yet.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Bought a small ceramic rabbit to add to my decor. Bought chocolate chickens for the grandkids at costco the other day. Have one more gift to order. Now to decide.. we usually had Easter outside at my parents' about 45-50 people but mom can't do that anymore and she get angry if too many people. maybe I should do it here?
But we live 3 hours away so it will be only immediate family not a big thing like at my parents' house

Last edited:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Easter is not a biggie for me. If we are in NY we often go to the friends we spend Christmas with.

This year I expect we will be on the road heading north. Either we will go out to eat or I will make lamb chops because DH doesn't like ham. Of course he doesn't like lamb either.....

I do have two bunnies so I might have to find them new clothes.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
We will have Easter at home again. I have a piece of Christmas ham in the earmarked for Easter dinner. Plenty of cookies in the freezer from Christmas and a pan of baklava for dessert. Decorating today, not a lot, just enough so the house looks homey.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will decorate early March, I don't have a lot but enjoy putting it out.
I think I have bought most items for in the Easter bags. Will check this week.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I decorated for Spring. I’ll change to Easter mid March.

I will host Easter dinner here. I’m sure my mom will come for dinner unless he makes other plans. I’m not sure about my brother and his gf.

I am not sure what to get the nieces and nephews. They get so much. I may just fill a bag with some goodies.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Talked with DD about Easter plans last night. Found out she made reservations for Easter brunch at the same place we went last year. They do a wonderful and delicious spread of both breafast and dinner options, including both omelet and waffle stations, as well as prime rib, ham, and pork carving stations. It's about half-way between us, and since there are just the three of us, it will allow more time to talk, rather than dealing with clean-up and dishes.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Found out she made reservations for Easter brunch at the same place we went last year.
Your daughter is a wise woman!

• Haha
Reactions: jampss and Lori K

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Lori- That brunch sounds fabulous!!

My Easter plans are kind of in the air.
I usually host but my brother and sil are home bound with their dog that had a major leg surgery.
He had the other leg done and they couldn't go anywhere for 4 months! If the dog moves suddenly or runs, they run the risk of having the leg amputated.
And........my niece's due date is March 28th.

So, it may be a quiet Easter this year.

Annie

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I am not sure what we are doing this year for Easter, I am getting my gallbladder out the Friday before Good Friday. May place a ham in the smoker and make a tray of baked mac and cheese or I may make a tray of lasagna a head of time and freeze.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I am getting my gallbladder out the Friday before Good Friday.
I would hope that someone can fill in for your.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Some years we host the extended family and other years it's just us (me, DH and our 2 kids & DGS). This year we are leaning more towards it just being us for Easter with a low key dinner. DH and the kids are good at helping in the kitchen.
Having been there, line up DH and the kids and any extended family to handle the entire day's meals, from start to finish. You'll have enough to deal with just getting up into standing position and walking. Try to walk a lot, but no lifting for a couple of days, and you won't want to be bending over to much, either.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I got the niece and nephew Easter Sticker books that are Bible based. They came today. I bought the almost 2 year olds duplo blocks that are a carrot and gardening things. I’ll probably add a treat of some sort, too. Then they’re done.

Next up, my kids.