Easter Celebrations - 2010

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Easter is on April 4th this year.

However, our ds#1, ddil#1 and dgd@1 will be visiting a couple of weeks before that date. I think that I would like to have Easter Baskets for the kids while everyone is here. Not a huge celebration. We will have a birthday dinner during that time. So, the night of the birthday dinner might be a good time to give out small Easter baskets to the grandchildren.

Will you have an Easter celebration?

It is also the time of Passover -- and Passover dinners are wonderful.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
We will be having an Easter celebration. We always have an egg hunt on Easter immediately following Mass. Then I serve dinner to my family here. We have ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, relish tray, pickled eggs and beets, cranberry sauce, coconut cream cheeescake and Italian Easter Bread. We visit my in-laws in the evening.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
We normally keep things simple... This year will the same.

Breakfast with my guys, no egg hunt this year since we won't be doing candy. I am thinking this year I will do a scavenger hunt and have a few school goodies at the end. My mom sends Kiddo a box for Easter as well.

We are going to attend a baby dedication Easter weekend (if I have my dates correct).

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We are keeping Easter simple this year. In the past we had always had big family dinners but last year we didn't due to our son just having surgery...Well it was so nice and relaxing that DH wants to keep it simple again this year.

Last year our DD snuck down stairs while everyone was sleeping and peeked at their baskets. Well not this year..The kids will have an egg hunt in the house. Some of the eggs will be numbered (pink ones for DD and blue one for DS) inside these numbered eggs will be clues to help them find their baskets. The rest of the eggs will have a small piece of candy or coins. Easter Bunny tends to bring more non-candy items like DVDs, books, toys then candy so their baskets will have little candy.

After breakfest we will go visit my dad so they can get their baskets from him and his wife. Then we will spend the rest of the day at home relaxing.

I will make a ham dinner and thinking about making cupcakes and pecan pie for dessert. DH wants a pecan pie so I think I will attempt to make one.

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
This is the first year that the Easter Bunny will not be visiting us,DD is 10 now and when she learn't the Santa secret she also learn't about the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. So I'll just cook us a roast chicken dinner,basically a rerun of Christmas without the turkey! We also usually go to my Aunts on Easter Sunday but as of yet plans haven't been finalised. There will also be less Easter eggs this year as DD10 isn't a big chocolate eater,so everyone is giving her little gifts or money instead.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I haven't honestly thought about this yet. The downside of my husbands family, is that they all wait till the last minute. So when it comes to Easter I just go with the flow. Right now I'm focusing on St. Patricks Day as that's a biggie in our house.

I do make baskets for DH and my daughter though. Candy for DH, more little gifts for DD.