Elf Magic in 2010!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I hope the elves can bring magic in little bits throughout the whole year to everyone! I'm excited to start this year and work toward filling the Holidays with elven mischief and delight! This year my DS9 will be 10 who knows how long the magic will last for him. I want to make it something to remember.

That said, I found a Santa's clues kit 1/2 price at the drugstore with a torn piece of fabric, glasses, footprint stencil etc.(you know the kind). So that will add to the Christmas eve adventure. And we wil then have to get another visit from the elves to retrieve his glasses!
Maybe they should leave a small gift in return for the glasses?

Does anyone have any ideas for their elves yet? Are they coming for Birthdays or Christmas in July?

caitsmum

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2008
Bedfordshire England
I got another elf for 2009 festivities as DD2 is now old enough to join in (2008 she just cuddled the reindeer that came along!) and I could see arguments happening.

In the event I couldn't remember where I hid here (car glove box I discovered!) and Christmas rushed up on us so much teh original elf only got to spend a few days with us anyway!

Christmas Eve was also a rush (even though I'd done some wrapping along the way!) and I grabbed the Elf from by the tree right as I went to bed (almost forgot!).... not checking that he had collected all his belongings! Oooopppps!

On Christmas Day evening DD5 came up all worried to tell me Merri (our elf) had forgotton his bag of snow and his notebook..... and his pencil and his stocking rucksack.

Sooooo - now I know where Elf sister is (still hiding in the glove box!) I think she might turn up on Jan Rudy Day to collect Merri's things. I just have to work up a story about why he can't come and get them himself!
In February Merri may well turn up looking for his little sister (who hasn't got back to the NP yet).... I haven't quite deciding how much mileage I can get out of this without over doing it!

DD12 things I'm potty! Lol!

AM

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I don't have any specific plans set up yet for their returns during this year. DS's elf showed up on his last birthday. He also lost a tooth the night before so the tooth fairy brought him so Fle his elf was holding the $$ from the fairy. On Easter they rode in w/ the bunny but didn't get to stay. They did get into the baskets, nocking one over and eating some candy. They showed up near halloween and made some treets once and left a mess. They don't often show up to been seen during the yr but will time to time let it know that they were visiting while the boys were sleeping.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
LOL! You sound a lot like me! I was sneaking around with candy I'd forgotton to leave, etc.! That's why I want to focus on being a bit more organized with the elves this year!
Maybe I'll work on a notebook on Rudy day- for elf eyes only!

I love this idea...an ELF notebook! I'm having a DUH! moment!

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Wow! Lots of fun plans! I'm not organized enough for the elves to come at other times of the year. LOL I barely managed Christmas which was not at all as organized as I'd hoped (elves included).

Also, there didn't seem to be as much interest in the elves this year as in the past. I'm not sure if that was partly because I wasn't as organized at having them do cool things or just because the girls are getting older.

It's fun to see everyone's ideas. :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ok, for now here's what I have (remember my kids are 17 & 19)

Arrival on December 1st of Jujubes & Mr.M with a chocolat advent calendar for each.
On different days:
- Gift of a Christmas DVD (not bought yet but I will find one!)
- Christmas pillows with a little $$
- Lottery tickets - the christmas surprise one... you scratch & you can win a variety of gifts (computer, tv, radio, etc...)

and I have to add a few adventures.
- I'll try to make them fly from the fan

Gotta find a few more ideas.

caitsmum

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2008
Bedfordshire England
Well I had great plans for this year, but so far haven't managed any of them :-(

I'm off to my Mums for a few days this coming week, so might take some paper and create a bit of a notebook while I'm there and she is entertaining the littlies! (My eldest still thinks I'm absolutely potty, but that's her loss! Lol!)

Watch this space! - And nag me when I don't come back with a list for you! Maybe if I make myself accountable to you all I might just get around to it!

AM