elf pattern

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
now that is cute! I will have to make a few... (cause really at this point, why not add more elves to the already over crowded bin? :) tfs! maggie

Mouse2

Retire Member
Jun 29, 2011
London, United Kingdom
I just love this elf. Will need to make 4 of them for the whole family.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
The more i look at this, the more the "green" elf bothers me. He is so cute and I think I'll make him more of a "real" color. then make green pants and a red hat maybe. I think he has the cutest little face. I bought some of the felt at lunch today. Can't wait to get started.

Mouse2

Retire Member
Jun 29, 2011
London, United Kingdom
I have also decided to go for a dark beige skin. Wanted a light brown(so the elf will not get dirty so easily), but it was sold out. I got a red blanket in a sale that I am using for the trousers and the hat. Will use green pom pom for hat. I am also thinking of making the feet green(shoes). Can not decide how to stitch the elf yet. I can not make head or tail out of the tutorial........I have to machine sew the arms, leg and head on because I do not want them ripping off the elf. So far I think I will leave an opening on top of the head to turn the elf over after I stitched the whole elf together. Then the hat can cover my bad hand stitch on the top of the head.

Any suggestions will be welcome. Thanks

Mouse2

Retire Member
Jun 29, 2011
London, United Kingdom
PS Those little arms and legs look like they will be very difficult to turn over after stitching them. I wish I had my mums lucky wooden spoon with me.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
could you maybe enlarge the pattern slightly? It would be cute no matter how big or small. You may could even tape the arm pattern to the body pattern and make it one piece if youre worried about the arms coming off. Same with the legs. now I want to see how small I can make one. Kinda like an elf in my pocket type doll. hmmmm.....what could the story be with that one?!?!

Mouse2

Retire Member
Jun 29, 2011
London, United Kingdom
I will try big elf first until I get the hang of it. I am a novice when it comes to sewing.....

I like the elf in a pocket idea. Do you watch Grandpa in my Pocket? He has a magic shrinking cap that he uses when he wants to have adventures.

http://www.grandpainmypocket.co.uk/online/

I have decided against the elf having shoes. This is a Australian elf. Hence it is only wearing shorts. The elf will have to be barefoot of wear flip-flops.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
I've never seen the grandpa in my pocket, but I know my dd has lots of puppy in my pocket and other little animals. I think she'd like having a tiny elf in her pocket. It would remind her of a couple of things. 1 - her elves 2- her mommy loves her! 3 - she has a secret that no one else knows (the elf is in her pocket) and it would give her something to smile about it she was having a bad day!

I just printed my pattern in several sizes to see which ones I could do. One is very TINY!!!

Last edited:

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
He is cute...kinda reminds me of a green smurf :), I printed a copy too, but think I would make him beige also. I really like the idea of making little ones. They would be cute as ornaments too.