Elf Prep is done, wondering if I forgot anything

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

leshiahatch

Retire Member
Oct 24, 2010
Ok getting ready for my elves to show up on Wednesday hoping I have everthing so here goes my list

4 elves ---check
a moose and a reindeer----check
sleigh-----check
passports----check (thank you cousin Bertie for your help)
snowbags----check
advent calender---check
Santa Claus book---check
sleeping bags ----check
small bowls and cups-----check
santa key----check (had to buy a pack of 7 at Micheal's in the scrapbooking department but at least it's done)

Left Elf Story in Magic mailbox (today)
Letter from Mrs. Claus tomorrow morning
Letter from elves tomorrow afternoon/evening (have to do them both in the same day because I didn't plan very well)

And I put everything for the elfcapades in a rubbermaid container to put in my closet so it's all in one place. DH and I need to map out what we are doing when.

This is so much fun,lol.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
SO Fun! Are your elves arriving tomorrow? I bought chocolate advent calendars that will appear tomorrow with a note to say they will 'see them this weekend-we can't wait to get the tree!' I have to get DH on board with this-he loves Christmas but is a 'last minute guy when it comes to the prep!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
You seem prepared! :)

Our elves will arrive with the chocolate advent calendars tomorrow too.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
sound good, having it all tog. is always helpful. I find my self working on the fly right now. At work at night thinking, what do I need to do when I get home?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
You are so prepared. I have my list, but it needs tweaking and then I have to figure out exactly how it's going to go tomorrow. I wanted to get the chocolate advent calendars but I always have DD with me so it would be impossible to get one without her knowing.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
mine are arriving tonight after the kids are in bed and the tree will be put up as well!!! i have my work cut out tonight.

i have already written in the journal about them getting on the polar express and arriving earlier than planned.

leshiahatch

Retire Member
Oct 24, 2010
What does the letter say that they arrive with? Anyone willing to share theirs? I didn't list the notebook but I have that as well.

Yes tonight is going to be busy setting everything up and then taking pictures of it. Do you have a designated spot where your elves go everynight when the kids go to bed?

Leshia

P.S. Where do y'all get the stamps for the passports?

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
The first year I sent a letter to the boys a little before the elves came to let them know what was going to happen. Thel etter said that Christmas was comming and the elves would be extra busy. The younger elves that were still in elf school get a winter break from (US) Thanksgiving to Dec 24. So 3 elf brothers (and I listed their names) would some be coming to their house. They helped let Santa know if you are behaving but they were also curious elves and tended to get into trouble. So it was the boys job to help keep them out of trouble.

We don't have a specific place to put them at night. DSs were never that detailed oriented about it. So i just make sure they are all in the same place at night so i know where they are. Right now it's sitting on a table w/ my snowman decorations.

Have fun, can't wait to see what they are doing. I have updated my first few nights in my elf blog listed in my signature.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
What does the letter say that they arrive with? Anyone willing to share theirs? I didn't list the notebook but I have that as well.

Yes tonight is going to be busy setting everything up and then taking pictures of it. Do you have a designated spot where your elves go everynight when the kids go to bed?

Leshia

P.S. Where do y'all get the stamps for the passports?

are you after a letter for 1st time visit with elf or 2nd/3rd etc?

stamps - the past 2yrs i have edited passport and re-printed it, this year i got a free stamp from a company called vistaprint - i only paid postage!

leshiahatch

Retire Member
Oct 24, 2010
Amy,

I am looking for ideas for a letter that arrives with the elves. I already did the one from Mrs. Claus and one from the elves.

Thanks,
Leshia

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
Amy,

I am looking for ideas for a letter that arrives with the elves. I already did the one from Mrs. Claus and one from the elves.

Thanks,
Leshia

this is the 1 that came last year -

Santa
Santa’s Workshop
Reindeerland

December 6th 2009

Dear Jarred, Mackenzie and Blake

I would like to thank you for requesting to look after 1 of my Magical Elf’s again this year. As you asked for Bertie Elfkins by name I have assigned him to your family again this year. I’m sorry he couldn’t be with you from December 1st but I didn’t receive your letter in time. If you want Bertie to come next year please send me your letter early.

As you know Bertie will be with your family from now until Christmas Eve, to observe the behaviour of the 3 of you. Just like last year Bertie will explore the house from top to bottom in order to make his notes. His whereabouts may not be seen for a few days at a time, this is normal and nothing to worry about.

When I arrive on Christmas Eve, he will give me the notes he has made and I will decide if you have been good or bad. Bertie will leave with me and return to my workshop at the North Pole.

If Bertie causes mischief please write to me at the above address. Please look after him well for me until Christmas Eve when I collect him. He is one of my eldest and most treasured Elf’s but I know I can trust him in your care.

Lots of Love

Santa X X X

and this is the letter from the 1st yr they came -

Santa
Santa’s Workshop
Reindeerland

Novmber 30th 2008

To Whom it may concern,

It is my pleasure to introduce the bearer of this note as the Magic Elf that has been assigned to your family for this festive season.

This Magic Elf will be with your family from now until Christmas Eve, to observe the behaviour of ……………………………. When I arrive on Christmas Eve, he will give me the notes he has made and I will decide if they have been good or bad. The Magic Elf will leave with me and return to my Workshop at the North Pole.

Be aware! Your Magic Elf will explore the house from top to bottom in order to make his notes. The Elf’s whereabouts may not be seen for a few days at a
time, this is normal and nothing to worry about.

I must also add that there have been previous reports that this Elf has caused Elf mischief. If any incidents of Elf Mischief do occur you can write to me at
the above address.

Please look after him well for me until Christmas Eve when I collect him. He is one of my eldest and most treasured Elf’s but I know I can trust him in your
care.

Lots of Love

Santa X X X

hope this is of help.

Last edited:

Pumpkinpie

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2010
FL
mine are arriving tonight after the kids are in bed and the tree will be put up as well!!! i have my work cut out tonight.

i have already written in the journal about them getting on the polar express and arriving earlier than planned.

Question - did you buy your Elfs or make them? I think my DGD (2 yo) would love this. She's with me often and would like looking for them. She's heavily into Scooby Doo and always looking for clues. She could apply that to the Elves.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
Question - did you buy your Elfs or make them? I think my DGD (2 yo) would love this. She's with me often and would like looking for them. She's heavily into Scooby Doo and always looking for clues. She could apply that to the Elves.

1 of mine was "a 7-dwarf" from snow white that i added ribbon and bells to, 1 is an xmas rag doll that i added snowflakes to and the 3rd is an aurora doll that i added sparkly bits to.