Family elves :)

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
Hi all!

I thought it would be fun if we started a thread on the elves that visit out homes every year. I would like to hear more about everyones traditions and the happiness they bring to you.

What are your elves names?

How long they have been coming to your house?

What day they arrive?

Favorite memory?

Everyone who responds will have their names put in a hat and could win a prize!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Guess I'll start. Our elves came 2 yrs ago to visit. They are 3 three brothers and their names are Charles Garland Christmas (charlie), Jingle Jangle Christmas (JJ) and Fle Candycane Christmas (Fle is elf backwards and he is a goof). Each of my 3 boys have "their" elf although they work tog. to get into trouble.

The come the day after Thanksgiving and usually show up when we are out of the house shoping or something fun.

We have a lot of similar stores to others in what they do but the first night they always leave sticky notes all over the house. One day they drove to Mc Donalds and almost crashed into a tree in our front yard. DS2 swears he saw them driving. Also one night they got the kitty carrier down stuck a stuffed animal in it w/ a note that said don't feel the animal meanwhile they were trying to open it and had a jar of kitty treats in their hand. Ds wondered if we had a new pet in the house.
My oldest DS3 is now 11 and knows that I do the elf tricks and what is special now is that sometimes, esp when I am working late, he will help set up tricks w/ them and that is extra special for me.

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
Skeeter Jingle Peppermint, Elvin Jingles, and Miss Trixie Twinkle

Skeeter came for the first time in 2008, Elvin and Trixie came last year.

What day they arrive?
The Firday or Saturday after Thanksgiving

Favorite memory?
The elves have really made Christmas for us the last two years, A few of my favorites were the scavanger hunt they sent the kids on last year of activities, it was probably the best day of our Christmas season, It was an awesome day of family fun!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
What are your elves names? Jujubes & Mr. M.

How long they have been coming to your house? 3 years

What day they arrive? December 1st with advent calendars

Favorite memory? when they were found camping & roasting mini-marshmallows over a candle.

My kids are now 19 & 17.... they usually roll their eyes & say 'ah mom' when the elves do something but they both love it. Since my kids are older the elves bring more gifts than do mischief.
My brother started the elves 2 years ago and his kids (then 6 & 8) loved it! My Dniece (deceased at the age of 7) was very happy to have her elf with her when she got sick. He was always with her ... he had come back especially to help her through hard times.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
We have Hannah who came to us last year and on Christmas brought her "little sister" Lexi who stays with my daughter all year. Hannah goes back to the North Pole. Abby showed up this year for a special holiday and Noah will arrive at Christmas this year along with a reindeer and two other animals. They will arrive around Thanksgiving and stay through Christmas. I have a whole post about my "elves mischief" and there are lots of ideas on that post. I already have a notebook of new ideas for the coming holidays.

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
Our elves names are Jingle, Krinkle, and Tinsel. Jingle and Krinkle first arrived 3 years ago with their reindeer. A few days later we found Jingle and Krinkle looking out the window and hanging on the doorknob trying to let Tinsel in, but they couldn't get the door open. They always arrive Dec. 1st with a lego advent calendar. My favorite memory is how they hang out with my kids favorite stuffed animals, George, Mickey and the Gorilla who always gets into trouble. Mickey (mouse) has a reputation of his own of getting into things and eating things he shouldn't. Last Christmas, we found Mickey near Santa's cookie plate. He was wearing a shirt that said 'Santa I ate all your cookies'. Apparently the elves gave him the shirt so we'd know what he did.

I put some pictures of them in the album area. I think if you click on the picture it will show the caption of what they are doing and make the picture bigger.

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Our elves are named Gingerberry and Sparklebug. Our first couple of years we had twinkle and Jingle but they got kind of worn out being carried by my youngest sometimes in her mouth so last year our letter said that Santa needed their expertise and sent some younger elves to stay with us.
The elves first came to our house 2007 so this will be the fourth year.
What day they arrive?
They arrive early morning hours of Dec 1. So they are here when we wake up. They bring with them our 24 days countdown gifts, (socks, earrings, candy, pencils all Christmas themed) that the girls know Mommy and Grammie helped the elves to gather together the presents. ( This is something that was started before the elves)
Favorite memory?
My favorite memory is really hard. In the past the elves have always traveled with us to Grammie and Daddy Bill's house in TN. THat is where we normally wake up on Christmas morning so Santa picks them up in TN on Christmas Eve. I really like it when the elves decorated Daddy Bill's Deer Head with tinsel and stuff. Also we found them one morning in Grammie's freezer sitting on the ice cream. My girls think anytime they are with their Daddy Bill they must eat a bowl of ice cream every day.

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
What great responses!

Our elf is Sammy, but he is bringing a friend with him this year. Not sure what his name will be!

Sammy comes December 1rst and sometimes stops by for the boys birthday in August. (I think he forgot this year :(

My favorite memory is when the kids first got him 4 years ago, starting this tradition of all 3 kids running downstairs to be the first to find Sammy. I just love it.

I put everyones names in a Phillies hat (honest I did!) and pulled Jeniferdwn! Pm me with your addresse and I will send you a small surprise!

Sorry this took so long. This back to school thing monoplized my life this week!!!

Kelly