Favorite Halloween decor touches this year?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Do anything new this year with decor? Change anything up a bit and just love the result?

Or just have a favorite piece that you love to bring out year after year?

I ended up with something new that I love totally by "accident". Last year after Halloween I raided my local Hallmark store and bought some really cute things at 50% off.

One item was the "front" of a haunted house made out of black metal. Basically a silhouette, about 12" high. I set this on one side of our living room mantle. And in the windows of the "house" you can hang things - and I bought cute little ornaments for this purpose, candy corn, bats, long slinky black cats dressed in fun costumes, etc.

On the other side on the mantle I set out my Hallmark Charlie Brown Pumpkin Patch set I got a few years ago.

But in looking at the mantle, it just wasn't balanced. There was all that black on the left side - didn't look right.

So I got out a gold ornament stand I use for Christmas time and hung a blown glass Halloween ornament from it. It is a little pumpkin man with black and orange checkered pants - very cute.

But to add the oomph - I made a bow to tie to the top of the ornament stand (it is the kind of stand with spots to hang 3 ornaments, so there was a good place to tie onto).

Leftover from my 80's costume for a theme party earlier this year I had lots of wide black tulle ribbon and black ribbon with white polka dots.

I gathered a couple long strings of tulle and layered in between them a strip of the polka dot ribbon and a thin strip of bright orange grossgrain ribbon, so that they showed through the sheer.

Then I tied it to the top of the ornament stand in a big poofy bow. To the center of the bow I stuck a large 3 dimensional scrapbooking sticker of a piece of candy corn that had some pretty glitter accents to it.

The finished peice looks SO cute! The ribbon hangs down just right, and set on the mantle next to my Charlie Brown set it adds enough black to balance out the mantle.

At least I think so! :) I could be wrong. I am not an interior decorator. I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night! LOL

Okay - too much coffee this morning, obviously. (for those concerned because of my being preggo - I only had a 1/2 cup really - my babbling must be caused by something else!)

ANYWAY - it turned out so well I just had to share! Anyone else have something fun they've done or tried?

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'd love to see a pic because your description is great. My new 'thing' is my haunted garden - it's really something! With horrifying houseplants, red-cross watercan & bloody IV tied to one plant.

My new potion jars with my own homemade labels are quite impressive too.

As soon as I have a camera I'll post pics.