February 2021 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
More trash going out of Teigans room. There are several items she said to take out of her room and put into garage. Different toy houses and such. More clothes put into to small bags. Hoping to finish in there this week.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Hoping to get a bit more done this week as the weather continues to be mild. I want to move a suitcase out of my craft room into the spare room to free up some room. Would then like to start emptying and reorganising my craft room.

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
I have a lot of my Mom's books....still..........Last year, I took a bag of books to donate to the library for their resell store. The lady in the store said "Yep, I am donating mine too, I don't want my kids to have to deal with it when I am gone." That was a moment that helped me get focused, organized and motivated to not put off my decluttering. I have a long way to go...........but I always think of her words.............

Laurie

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I finished that 4th bin. It has our vacation gear in it. I am organizing the middle shelves with bins now. Everything was free standing and piled on the shelves. Now, when I do have to move the stuff upstairs, it will all be contained. I worked on two bins this evening. I also worked on the other section of our pantry. I've got a few more items to the trash and to the donation pile.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
The city will be coming on the 16th to pick up chemical and e waste recycling up to 150 lbs, so old computer tower, non working tv, water dispenser not working etc......

Laurie
Love days when all those electronics and batteries. can be taken away.

My parents stopped by and picked up 4 boxes of stuff to drop off to the donation center. They were in the area, had to drop something off to me, and would be passing by the donation center on their way home. I was so thankful that they offered to take the boxes!

Two more shelves were organized in the basement. The rest of the pantry has been organized. As I move things and bins around, I'm also going through them. I wasn't planning on it but the decluttering bug has taken over me. LOL! I have 8 Amazon/Target boxes filled for donations.

Oh, and I just found out today that the school is doing a towels, linens and clothing drive as a fundraiser. It will be in April! That give me two months to go through even more things after the basement. :D

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have a few items from work that are now obsolete due to the break in. Keyboard, some mouses, and some cables.
I looked at our big office supply store Officeworks (Staples???) and you can take all ewaste to the store and drop it off. They will take monitors, computers, power cords etc.
Check with your big stores there and see if they offer this service.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, happy days when we get the bug and we achieve so much. Well done. You will have everything fresh and organised before Spring.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Four bags of stuff for the Vietnam Vets to pick up tomorrow! One bag is DH's!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Three bags out to the consignment shop. Another bag to go to the dog shelter for bedding, etc. And another to go to a thrift store.

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County

My parents stopped by and picked up 4 boxes of stuff to drop off to the donation center. They were in the area, had to drop something off to me, and would be passing by the donation center on their way home. I was so thankful that they offered to take the boxes!

Two more shelves were organized in the basement. The rest of the pantry has been organized. As I move things and bins around, I'm also going through them. I wasn't planning on it but the decluttering bug has taken over me. LOL! I have 8 Amazon/Target boxes filled for donations.

Oh, and I just found out today that the school is doing a towels, linens and clothing drive as a fundraiser. It will be in April! That give me two months to go through even more things after the basement. :D
.......the batteries!!!!!!!!!!!! I forgot about the batteries!!!!!!! Thank you Mary!!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have a few items from work that are now obsolete due to the break in. Keyboard, some mouses, and some cables.
I looked at our big office supply store Officeworks (Staples???) and you can take all ewaste to the store and drop it off. They will take monitors, computers, power cords etc.
Check with your big stores there and see if they offer this service.
So I just checked about e-waste in our area and unbeknownst to me the law was changed in our state that any item with a plug can not be tossed into regular trash. <Gulp> I've been doing that for the last 8 years with the exception of computers/cell phones and rechargeable batteries. I just tossed a crockpot that broke into the trash for pick up today. :eek: How did I miss that memo with all the emails and newsletters from our township on e-recycling?

I did find out that Best Buy, which is an electronics store, will recycle up to 3 items a day per household. They do a nice job of defining what they will and will not take on their website.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I started on the planned section for next week. I've divided the area into thirds to help me not feel so overwhelmed. I've got the back, center and front section to work on. Today, it was the center. Most of the items were already in boxes. Those things that weren't in boxes are either in boxes now, in the donation pile or in the trash. It was good work to get done.

I will have to go through those items that were already in boxes at a later time. They are the sentimental boxes and I'll get too sidetracked right now.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have nearly finished decluttering and have pile all the donations into the craft room. Now I have to sort it all out, pack it up and get it out. Charity bins are very hard to find at the moment so am not sure where I will donate.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Everyone is doing so well! I went through my kitchen and book shelves. I have boxes to donate! Yay!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DS was here over the weekend and had taken the last things out of his room. There are still a few things in the Sunroom belonging to him and they can stay there until he is home next.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
DS took a pair of snow pants to put in his donation bin. Also took his girl scout cookies and bottle of whiskey:) And some file folders and paper clips!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I went through the all the beach towels and bath towels we brought to our vacation rentals. I kept 7. The rest fit into two garbage bags. :eek: I haven't even looked at our regular linen closet yet. We are running out of donation pile space in the mudroom. LOL!