February declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I deep-cleaned the bathroom closet and got rid of a set of flannel twin sheets... dont even have twin beds anymore but still keeping 2 sets in case. got rid of a few old towels and then in the pharmacy got rid of expired stuff too and some makeup.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie, animal shelters can use the old towels and sheets for bedding unless you sell them. Also if you make potholders the towels work good for the layer inbetween as does the flannel. For burp rags too.

But moving out is good because if you keep all and don't get time to do it---it is clutter! lol

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lana - with the old towels I make rag, I do have some kept for stuffing but I have enough (don't need that much). the old bedding will go to dnephew (it is still good), but sometimes I give to a homeless shelter too.

Got rid of old stuff in the pantry & the fridge.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
February De-clutter Area

Wow, a new month and a new area to de-clutter ... January went well. So, I picked my craft box ... way too much in there and it's a MESS! LOL

January – Homeschool Books
February – Craft Box of UFO’s

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Okay, so in the past two years I went from:
Empty Nester to
Oldest son moved home
As oldest son was moving out, middle son moved in with family.
In the middle of this our RV was totaled so everything had to be moved back into the house (which it was a fully stocked house in and of itself)
Mother in law died and FIL doesn't want all the stuff but wants it over here to "stay in the family".
Middle son still has stuff here and youngest son moving back in.

I tell you I am inundated with STUFF. We have a 4 stall garage and DH and I have had to park outside for the past year with middle sons stuff in there. He moved most of it to his new home, but left what he didn't want to deal with. Well, I don't want to deal with it either. I got in there today with the help of my youngest son and his fiancée' and did some serious cleaning and organizing. I filled up my 3 huge outdoor garbage cans in addition to 2 more I borrowed from a neighbor. The curb is full in addition to the trash cans. Thank God tomorrow is trash pick-up.

During the week we cleared out everything in the storage room 10x12 as well as everything out of the guest suite. My plan is to keep moving from the east to the west until every room in this house is back to where it should be. My house has just been put on a crash diet and it's losing a lot of weight quickly.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Ellen, I have no idea of how you can put up with all that stuff. I know it's driving you up the walls in frustration. Look luck with your east to west move!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ellen glad to see you back :)
You are dealing with lots of stuff! hope you can finally get your home where you want it.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Ellen - I'm impressed!

Today I put together two bags -one small one large of clothing to donate!

Will have to go through some second bedroom stuff before SIL and BIL arrive on Sunday!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Wow!

Okay, so in the past two years I went from:
Empty Nester to
Oldest son moved home
As oldest son was moving out, middle son moved in with family.
In the middle of this our RV was totaled so everything had to be moved back into the house (which it was a fully stocked house in and of itself)
Mother in law died and FIL doesn't want all the stuff but wants it over here to "stay in the family".
Middle son still has stuff here and youngest son moving back in.

I tell you I am inundated with STUFF. We have a 4 stall garage and DH and I have had to park outside for the past year with middle sons stuff in there. He moved most of it to his new home, but left what he didn't want to deal with. Well, I don't want to deal with it either. I got in there today with the help of my youngest son and his fiancée' and did some serious cleaning and organizing. I filled up my 3 huge outdoor garbage cans in addition to 2 more I borrowed from a neighbor. The curb is full in addition to the trash cans. Thank God tomorrow is trash pick-up.

During the week we cleared out everything in the storage room 10x12 as well as everything out of the guest suite. My plan is to keep moving from the east to the west until every room in this house is back to where it should be. My house has just been put on a crash diet and it's losing a lot of weight quickly.
Awesome job! Inspiring!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am very impressed by everyone's efforts. Tomorrow, I will hopefully tackle the linen cupboard and see what can be moved out. We are approaching winter so I need to check the winter bedding, anything not needed, wanted or in good nick is out the door.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Yesterday DD and LC took a small shopping bag of assorted items and a metal shelf to the thrift store for me. They came back with two huge bags of old jeans to cut up into squares.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
After DS great effort with his room last week, I was hoping to keep the momentum going. It has been a little too hit here to do too much. I am instead writing lists of what I would like to tackle. The linen cupboard is still on the list. Maybe tomorrow.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I have been out of town and then have had a cold this entire past week. Not much happening here for a couple more days I'd say. But I know that surge of energy will hit me when I'm feeling better so that is something to look forward to -- and then I'll start tossing stuff again!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Line cupboard done. Got rid of all the sheets from DS smaller bed, he has 2 pairs of summer sheets but no winter ones yet. Got a garbage bag of linen out to the charity bin. The linen cupboard looks nice when I open the door. Did a quick inventory as well and I know I do not need anything at this stage.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Would like to decluttering the kitchen, but to be honest I am feeling a little lazy. I will try and get the laundry cupboards cleaned today, and throw out any old chemicals or cleaning products.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've been working in the office doing bills, working on the budget and shredding a whole trash can of crap. Hopefully I didn't get too energetic shredding something I needed. lol

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Laundry cupboard still not done.......the trunk where I store my photos has been tidied and organized though.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
My decluttering this month also revolves around paperwork, switching old files for new, shredding-which gives me pause too, so afraid I will need something, and getting organized to do the taxes...plus my craft room is a disaster, it was the post Christmas dumping ground and needs a serious clean up-which would be a good thing to do today-right after I check out the rest of the forums :D