February Rudy Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I cleaned out the closet in my pc room, which is for my Christmas things... I have organized more in my notebook... And still ahve to print off some pages.. But have to get outta here, and go to BB districts..... Goooo BlueJays.......lol be back later..

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Sparklenana, we must've been separated at birth! My own sister is a neat freak --- the family calls her Mrs. Clean. My grand plans to work on my disastrous office/sewing room never materialized. My 87-yr-old mother had her prolapsed bladder fixed last week, the next day they gave her percoset, which she'd never had before, and she didn't say an intelligible word for a good 24 hours! She couldn't walk, she couldn't feed herself, she was incontinent -- she thought she'd had a stroke! They kept her in the hospital for a few days, and now she's in rehab for awhile. She can't go back to her independent-living apt. until she can take care of herself. She's made good improvement, and I understand the fuzziness of elderly minds usually sharpens up when they're back in their familiar environment, but I'm about worn out! My asthma is bothering me, my sinuses are draining, and I'm coughing my head off! My brother and sister came for a few days to help, and I don't know what I would've done without them. I'm on my own next week, and so on, and I hope I can keep my strength and spirits up! So much for Rudy Day!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Yikes, ChristmasRose! What a week you have had! OK -- you are owed a FABULOUS Rudy Day celebration for March!

This is Sunday morning of my February Rudy Day weekend. This Rudy Day has been all about organizing/decluttering -- working in the "Christmas Prep Room". Which is also the office/guest room. It has NOT been a room that anybody would want to work in. And...... it is gradually getting better and better - over this Rudy Day workathon! So...... I will continue.......

I figure if I just work for ONE fifteen-minute session a day -- that is more than an hour and a half per week! If I work for TWO fifteen-minute sessions a day -- THAT is more than 3-1/2 hours a week! So -- we are talking serious time here! It is just a matter of keepin' on keepin' on!!!!

I have discovered some Christmas books that I didn't remember owning. Some for kids; some for adults.

I had hot chocolate with whipped cream last night.

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
Thank you SparkleNana, you have inspired me!! I never thought of doing things for only 15 minutes or even half an hour and having them add up. I'm going to start on the guest bedroom which is unorganized and start with 15 minutes or half an hour a day. I'll probably get it done within 2 weeks!! We had a snowstorm for my Rudolph day and it really put me in the mood. I still had some cookie tins that needed to go into storage. I also rearranged my CD's and DVD and made a note of the ones I would like to buy for next year. I also started to work on my calendar for November and December events...