First Snow of the Year

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

snow

Retire Member
Sep 15, 2009
Its snowing today, quite a lot but its not sticking to the ground yet. Soon enough though :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Where do you live? We usually get a 1st melting snow somewhere in October (Quebec, Canada).

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We don't often get snow here, but it would be nice. I think though you are going to be in for a very long winter if it is already snowing. Christmas in Australia is always a hot affair and I do envy you all wrapped in a throw in front of the fire as you do you Christmas prep. I must experience a white christmas one in my life. I will add it to my to do list.

Jingles

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
Awww, I love when it snows here but we usually don't get much and not usually until late November or December. I LOVE our Fall weather here (Washington State). Crunchy and crisp in the morning and warms up for the afternoon. :)

snow

Retire Member
Sep 15, 2009
Yes it can be a long winter, last year we still had snow in May. But I enjoy it. Its sticking to the ground now. It will probably melt this week but it makes me excited for winter.

Snowey

Premiere Member
I used to live in Northern BC when hubby and I first got married 8 years ago,,lots on snow compared to Southern lllinois for sure. They are calling for a rain snow mix this weekend here in Calgary , dont know if I am ready yet or not for it so soon... :)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
We only just got fall weather a couple of days ago and we have the same rain snow mix forecast. We are just a few hours away from Calgary.

It is too early!!

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Cannot imagine snow in September! We just put away our shorts and had a beautiful day of 72 degrees here. We rarely see snow but when we do it shuts down the entire town!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Us, too, Scarlet. Total shutdown of the entire city when we get a couple inches of snow...but we mostly get ice, which is dangerous and not fun to drive on.

I hope we do get some winter weather this year, but like someone else said, not yet! I"m loving the fall weather. But enjoy your snow!! I would take it if it comes and not complain too much! LOL!!

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
I'm a little jealous but then again I don't think I'm quite ready for snow just yet! I'm just starting to really enjoy the fall. I'm sure we'll see snow soon enough here in PA.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
We are supposed to get flurries on and off all week starting tonight. Not happy about this.