Focus on the Positive: What was Great in Your Life Today?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I'm so glad this thread is continueing on.
It's so easy to grump and grumble over the events of any day, but to really think about the good stuff....
It's early yet, but the good will be picking up my grand daughter's to spend the day and night with us.
I've decided we are going to paint pictures today. Usually, I don't let dgd8 do any paingting until dgd's 4 & 2 have gone home...but I think we'll all paint today. The mess will be easily cleaned up!!
Tomorrow is Family Dinner Day and we are having Salad Sunday!
:flower:

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
My daughter slept through to seven this morning which is about 3 hours longer than usual lately. (Teething!)

We're having family over for birthday cake for my son who turned four on Wednesday.

My son gets to play with his cousin this afternoon and his other cousins tonight.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Last night, we had a family dinner with family members from age 3 to age 91.

Both the 3-year old and the 91-year old wore new party dresses and looked spring-like and lovely!

There was lots of laughter and happiness and every single person felt appreciated and loved!

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
For Wednesday...
* I made time to bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies.
* My son's cold wasn't bothering him as much as Tuesday when he was just a wet noodle all day.
* My DH and I watched a movie together after the kids were asleep.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
:flower: I had all day meetings today and my DH cheerfully entertained the boys all day so that I could work without worrying about them!
:flower: Great meetings! Saw people who are becoming good friends, a little more each month!
:flower: Gorgeous weather!
:flower: :flower: God is still in control!!

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I made homemade burgers for supper and we barbequed for the first time this spring. Yummy! My SIL, her son and my ILs joined our family for supper.

It was nice enough to go for a short walk this afternoon.

I got a bit more of my cross stitch done. I think I have to rip out a few stitches because I miscounted, but that's minor, maybe six or eight stitches.

I watched my new yoga DVD just to get an idea of what's on it and it looks pretty good!

::eek:rnament:

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I've been away from the board a couple of days. No one has anything great to share?

* My husband came home from work with a bouquet of carnations for me.

* My sister stayed here last night and we had cinnamon buns over coffee together before she left for work. (She was in town for work.)

* It was nice enough for my son to run around in the yard today with his cousins.

:party:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
*i'm not leaving the house today!!!!!! i can finally spend a decent chunk of time trying to clean and organize this place. with our busy schedules lately the routine housekeeping has been neglected a little too much.

This past weekend:
*we found out the name of our "Chernobyl Child" we are hosting this summer for 6 weeks - Krystsina and she's 10 years old. we are SO EXCITED! she comes on June 18th.

*DSnearly12 went to his first youth group meeting at church and really enjoyed it.

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
* my hubby and I are healthy
* had time to go cycling for one hour today
* my mom told me that my grandfather feels much better again (End of April he got a stent implantation which caused some health problems)
* my new job (it is an interesting job and I have very nice colleagues; I always wanted to work for this company and now it worked)

:party:

chilli