Free ebooks

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sugar142286

North Pole’s RN
Premiere Member
Apr 14, 2012
Central Pa
Hi everyone. I have been reading through here and have been seeing people posting about free ebooks. I have a Nook and what I occassionally go onto Barnes and Noble and in the search, I type free Nook Books and I get a ton of hits. I have found a ton of very good reads. I am looking for something specific: romance Nook Books, then that is what I look up. I suggest if you love to read, you do this some time. I did this at Christmastime this past year too and found some as well!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks! Great idea, I don't have a nook, but I have a Kindle on the pc.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Pixel of Ink has dozens of free kindle, nook and ebooks listed every day!! :)

sugar142286

North Pole’s RN
Premiere Member
Apr 14, 2012
Central Pa
Thanks! I had never heard of this place before, but just checked it out. It looks promising. Thanks. I love free books! I have never found one free, bad book yet. Thanks so much for this info! :)

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I got my kindle fire with Christmas and birthday money. It is so FULL..hundreds and hundreds of books to read and I have only purchased two so far. They were mistakes...be careful on that Pixel site because about 95% of the books are free. But sometimes they will post a big discount. Twice I clicked through when I wasn't paying enough attention. They weren't expensive..one was. 99 and the other was 1.99 . But I have so many free books I wouldn't have gotten them if I had been paying more attention.

Anyway, today is the first day of the month and Pixel usually has a large number of frees posted that are only good on the first. So, today would be a good day to go to their site several times.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I think I need to buy a kindle too. which one is the best? I think there is more than one model

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
All the kindles have different features to consider...

I got the kindle fire which is a tablet plus e reader. It has reading, internet, apps, games, everything. It is the most expensive at $200. It lights up like a computer...may be something to consider depending on how you read most often.

My mom has a kindle touch. It is $150, I believe. It also has internet, but it isn't in color, everything is grayscale. It has a different kind of light that is better for outside with the glare, too. My mom wanted this one because she lives in Florida, has a pool and does a lot of her reading poolside or on the beach. (Me...I read late at night before bed and I like the fire because I don't need a book light or even any lighting on in the house.)

There is one kindle that has free 3G, I don't remember which one it is...but it is somewhere in the $120-150 range. I have read that the keyboard design on this one is awful so internet surfing is not practical. But, you can download books or even go online anywhere free...no monthly charge. All of the other kindles (I believe) are only in black and white and I don't think any of them have back lighting.

The basic kindle is around $70 and there is another that is around $100, I think. Not real sure about the difference in those. I think one has an improved battery made to last up to a week between charges and I think the more expensive one has a bigger memory to hold more books. I really didn't do a lot of research into those models since I was really considering one of the higher end, myself.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Lucie I have the Fire which Aimee has already told you about. DGD has the basic Kindle I believe I paid $79 plus tax for it. It will hold more books than you'll probably ever read LOL, so if you're just looking for an ereader I'd recommend it. There are also some games that come with it & others that can be downloaded to it..HTH

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks Tricia. Probably just the basic ereader would be enough for me and I do want to read outside with it.