Gift Closet 2024

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Liked Debbie's idea about sauces for Josh's stocking ^^^^.Found a large grinder full of rock salt today on clearance from $6.00 to $2.00. Gave me an idea for DB. I will do a basket full of cooking supplies. Salt, peppercorns., minced garlic, onion powder, beef stock, dried herbs. etc. I'll see what I can find over the next few weeks.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished the 3 rugs that are gifts (posted on crafters challenge). So 3 people are finished.
Christmas club money this month is earmarked for our niece this so she is finished.
Ordered a Christmas ornament for my son. It’s a vhs tape Jurassic park.
Husband bought our son something. Have not a clue what, but it’s in the gift closet.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Considering that it is only just March I think that everyone is doing amazingly well. Keep posting, it is where I get a lot of my ideas from.

I went back over the gift closet postings from 2017 and we were discussing protectors for ipad cords. I need to order some more of those.

Last edited:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I’ll have to check out the protectors. I don’t remember them, but maybe I wasn’t here then.
Order movies for husband and son. Found a quilt pattern for a friends quilt so ordered that.

Reactions: Minta and halimer

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I’ll have to check out the protectors. I don’t remember them, but maybe I wasn’t here then.
There are some 'cute' ones like this. Or there are all sorts of different ones.

Attachments

• s-l1600.png
    s-l1600.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 7

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went to a different supermarket today and got some great stocking fillers, a 20 pack of fruit flavoured tea bags and some pickled vegetables for DSIL. They will go straight into his box. Got DH some caramel hot chocolate satchets and got my DB some ham jam and a cheese cutter .Some of these items were on my list so they are now crossed off.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Oh I think I need to order some of these for my kids.
These one pictured are on ebay. I need to order more too, they will be great stocking fillers

Reactions: halimer

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Walmart in my town has a bunch of toys on clearance. Picked up a Vtech smart wheels garage for my DGS. Not sure if he will get it for his birthday or for Christmas. It was 50% off. Also picked up a Vtech learning interactive work bench for my DD to put away for him for Christmas. That was 40% off. I plan on stopping by the Walmart by my work at lunch time today to see what toys they have on clearance.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Walmart in my town has a bunch of toys on clearance. Picked up a Vtech smart wheels garage for my DGS. Not sure if he will get it for his birthday or for Christmas. It was 50% off. Also picked up a Vtech learning interactive work bench for my DD to put away for him for Christmas. That was 40% off. I plan on stopping by the Walmart by my work at lunch time today to see what toys they have on clearance.
Thanks for posting! I stopped today. Found something for my friends little boy. 24.95 down to 12.50, rang up 9.00!!!

• Love
Reactions: Minta and halimer

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What great bargains on the toys. Will be great additions to the gift closet.

I got a few more things from the supermarket yesterday. Crushed garlic in oil that will go into my brothers 'cooking' bag.
Looked at some other things and made note of the use by dates, have added those to the shopping list for purchase a little closer to Christmas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Spent some time yesterday tidying the gift closet and planner. Doing OK with stocking fillers, need a few more gift ideas for DD and DSIL.
Will do some googling and see what I can find.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Today for our son:
Ordered a first edition signed book to be released this month.
Bought Lysol wipes, k cups and deodorant at grocery store.
Had kohls cash to use up- couldn’t find a thing so bought 2 more yankee candles.