Gift giving checklist

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
After an article I read in Canadian Living, year's ago, I've tried to follow a formula for presents with DH and now with my boys.
it includes-comfy clothes or cozy throws.
-special gift:something the person has been wanting or something that required alot of thought or planning.
-socks &underwear: need I say more?LOL
-Books and/or hobbies
-special edible treat
I find you don't have to spend tons on someone-if all of these things are checked off your list the recipient shouldn't feel cheated.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I follow a formula for the gifts I get my kids too. I think I posted it somewhere, but I don't remember where:huh:
I follow the rule of
::eek:rnament: something they want
::eek:rnament: something they need
::eek:rnament: something to play with
::eek:rnament: something to read
I've used this for years and it really seems to work well every year. The kids are always excited and happy about their gifts and since I have a checklist to follow, I don't go overboard - especially in the toy department.
I couldn't agree more, jackfrosty, you don't have to spend a small fortune and still have a nice assortment of gifts.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I try to follow a formula, but seem to get off track at the last minute, thinking I don't have enough for them, then end up spending way too much money. I like to get them:

Something they want
Something they need
Something that's a surprise.

This year, we are remaining low tech with the little ones. They say they want Nintendo DSs, but I'm holding off on those until birthdays. They are getting trains and track, books, movies and big silver belt buckles. That's there surprise! Of course, they will have stockings. I'm making a lot of candy for all of my gifts this year. Here's hoping they'll like it!!

CrysZ

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
Northeast PA
I use a check list as well - I also keep track of where I stored the items and when they are wrapped. This way I can't forget when I do it in advance.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :friendly: